If you are worried about the security issues regarding your data and you want to erase as much as possible your work after you are done then you have a feature in Windows 8 and in Windows 10 that can help you. Clearing the clipboard in Windows 8 and in Windows 10 can be done very easily and therefore take a step forward in securing the work you do.
There are some apps available for Windows 8 and Windows 10 operating system that are also meant for clearing the clipboard and you only need to open a simple executable but in the tutorial posted below you will see firsthand how to use your operating system without having to install any other particular app and clear your Windows 8 and Windows 10 clipboard.
Tutorial on how to clear clipboard in Windows 8 and Windows 10
- Power up the Windows 8 or the Windows 10 device
- From the start screen presented in the Windows system you will need to left click or tap on the “Desktop” icon presented there.
- Right click on an open space on your Windows 8 or Windows 10 desktop.
- Left click on the feature “New” in the menu presented there.
- By left clicking on “New” you will open a new menu from which you will need to left click again on the “Shortcut” feature.
- Now a “Create Shortcut” window will open.
- In the white field under “Type the location of the item” you will need to type the following text:
cmd /c “echo off | clip”
- After you have written the text above you will need to left click on the “Next” button presented in the lower right side of the window.
- After you left clicked on the “Next” button you will be taken to a new window .
- In the white box under the “Type a name of this shortcut” window you will have to name the shortcut you are making.
Note: For example you can name it “Clear clipboard in Windows”
- Left click on the “Finish” button you have in the lower right side of the window.
- Now you can close every window you have opened and find the icon you made on the desktop.
- Double click (left click) on the icon on the desktop and your clipboard will be cleared in Windows 8 or Windows 10.
- If the icon with clearing the clipboard in Windows 8 or Windows 10 did not work right away don’t be alarmed. You will need to reboot the Windows operating system, go again on your desktop as you did in the steps above and double click (left click) again on the shortcut you made.
Yes, it is as simple as that. You now have your very own feature to clear the clipboard in Windows 8 and Windows 10 without having to install a new app and perhaps even pay for it to get it. Also you can write us below in the comments section for any question you may have on this article.
READ ALSO: Solve Problems with Printer Queue in Windows 8, Windows 10