Fixed: Computer Freezes When you Switch to Another Account in Windows 8.1, Windows 10
One of the most annoying issues are when your computer screen freezes and you are facing the risk of losing your unsaved work. In this piece we’re going to analyze the problems related to the computer freezing when you switch to another account in Windows 8.1, Windows 10 or Windows Server 2012 R2.
There are a bunch of problems related to freezing situations and we have analyzed a good deal of them, here they are:
- Fix: Cursor Freezes, Jumps or Disappears in Windows 8, 10
- Nokia Lumia 1020 Freezes Randomly After Windows Phone 8.1 Update [Fix]
- Windows 8 Laptop Freezes While Running Automatic Maintenance, User Complains
- Fix This: Touchpad Freezes on Windows 8.1
- Internet Explorer 11 Freezes and Doesnâ€™t Play Videos, Windows 8.1 Users Complain
- Internet Explorer 11 Freezes at Start, Many Windows 8.1 Users Complain
- Windows 8.1 Install Stuck and Freezes: How to Solve it
- Video Playback Freezes in Windows 8.1, Users Report
- Windows 8 Freezes: Hereâ€™s a Simple Solution for That
Quite a bit of freezing problems, heh? Now, to get back to our problem from today. Here’s how the scenario sounds like:
You have at least two accounts on a computer that is running Windows 8.1, Windows RT 8.1, or Windows Server 2012 R2.
You log on to the computer in a landscape orientation.
You change the screen orientation to Landscape (flipped) in Screen Resolution.
You try to switch to another account.
In this scenario, the computer freezes until you perform a cold shutdown to restart the computer.
This problem can be solved byÂ installing update rollup 2995388, however, there is not hotfix made available for download. The update applies to the following operating systems –Â Windows Server 2012 R2Â versions,Â Windows 8.1 Enterprise,Â Windows 8.1 Pro,Â Windows 8.1 andÂ Windows RT 8.1.
READ ALSO:Â How to Install Windows 8, Windows 10 on a Mac