Duke Nukem 3D is a classic first person shooting game that just celebrated its 20th anniversary comback. The game brings modern content, a fifth episode and eight new levels crafted by the game’s original episode designers. In a nutsheel, Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary World Tour is a completely remastered edition of the classic Duke Nukem game.
The amazing glory days of gaming are back, and we’re sure many gamers will feel like 16 again when playing Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary World Tour. However, judging by the user feedback, it appears that the gaming experience is not that smooth on PC. Xbox One owners are luckier as they seem to be affected by less issues than Windows 10 PC users.
Frequent Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary World Tour issues on Xbox One and Windows 10 PC
- Duke Nukem 3D freezes when loading or during gameplay. This issue affects both Xbox One and Windows 10 PC owners, forcing them to launch the game again.
- Switching guns takes too long, and becomes effective 3 seconds after you select your weapon. This is definitely not the right thing to do when your oponent is preparing to attack you.
Great game, but game freezes during play to load it makes you miss your shots and end up falling too . switching guns is pain it takes like 3 sec after you select it. does look alot better then the 360 arcade version. If these problems are fixed five stars stick the 360 version till then
- The new lightning makes the game look dark. Gamers are forced to turn the brightness level up in order to see in low-lit areas.
The new lightning is prettier than I expected, but holy hell it makes the game look dark. I had to turn the brightness way up to see in some of the low-lit areas (and I’m not talking about the pitch black areas like the area before the elevator in E1L2.) It looks alright in the end, though.
- Sound and music quality leave much to be desired.
What’s up with the sound in the game? It sounds awful. Well, apparently they decided to use some sort of filter for the sound. Now the guns and the other sounds, besides the redone Duke Talk which I will admit is ♥♥♥♥ing fantastic, sound much weaker than they should. Gearbox, for Pete’s sake, get rid of the awful filtering. You’ve made it sound almost like a Genesis game. I’m not kidding.
- Duke Nukem 3D lags in multiplayer, but fortunately these episodes don’t last long. However, lagging can become pretty annoying, especially for Windows 10 PC owners since it appears this bug is prevalent for the PC platform.
Obviously, all these issues limit the gaming experience in Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary World Tour. The overall feedback among Xbox One gamers is positive, however the game received mixed reviews from PC users. Many players suggest this game is not worth the $19.99 price tag it comes with.
Gearbox should soon push an update to fix all these issues, and we’re sure the company will manage to significantly improve the gaming experience once the patch is out.
We also recommend you to download this tool to fix various PC problems, such as file loss, malware and hardware failure.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Gears of War 4 needs cross-play between Xbox and Windows 10
- Gears of War 4 matchmaking and squad stability issues affect many gamers
- WWE 2K17 issues on Xbox One: low FPS rate, game freezes and more