Fix: Error while adding guest on Xbox One
Xbox One allows you to play your favorite games together with your friends in split-screen mode on single console. To do that, the other user needs to have a Guest account, but users reported an error while adding a Guest account to Xbox One, so let’s see how to fix this problem.
Error while adding guest on Xbox One, how to fix it?
Fix – Xbox One error while adding guest
Some games require XboxÂ Live account in order to play them online, but if you want to play a game with a friend that doesnât have an Xbox Live account, you can create a Guest account. Keep in mind that Guest account is just a temporary account, and it will be deleted as soon as the Guest signs out. By using a Guest account you can play the game with a friend, but any progress that you made wonât be saved to the Guest account. This is a useful feature, but few users reported that they canât create a Guest account on their Xbox One, so letâs see how to fix it.
Solution 1 – Clear the cache
Xbox One stores all sorts of temporary files in its cache, and sometimes those files can get corrupted. Problems with cache can cause all sorts of errors, but you can easily fix them by clearing the cache. To do that on Xbox One, follow these steps:
- Press and hold the power button on your console to turn it off.
- Unplug the power cable from your Xbox.
- Keep pressing the power button on your console to drain the battery completely.
- Connect the power cable again and wait until the light on power brick changes from white to orange.
- Press the power button again to turn on your console.
By doing so the cache should be cleared and youâll be able to add a new Guest account to your Xbox One without any problems.
Solution 2 – Add a new user to your Xbox Live account
If you canât add a Guest account to your Xbox One, you might want to consider adding a new user. To do this youâll need a Microsoft account, so be sure to create one. To add a new user on Xbox One, do the following:
- Scroll left on the Home screen to open the Guide.
- Go to Sign in tab and select Add & manage at the bottom.
- Now select Add new.
- Enter your Microsoft account login information.
- Read the Microsoft Service Agreement and Privacy Statement and select I Accept.
- Now follow the instructions on the screen to configure Sign-In & Security settings.
After doing that you should be able to use this new account as a Guest account. This is just a workaround, but according to users it allows them to play in split-screen mode with their friends, so you might want to consider using it.
Xbox One error while adding a Guest account can stop you from playing games with your friends, but you should be able to fix the problem simply by clearing the cache. If that doesnât work, consider creating a new Microsoft account instead of a Guest account.
- Fix: Xbox One âKinect is unpluggedâ error
- Fix: âDisconnected from serverâ Xbox One error
- Fix: Xbox One error âFailed to read profileâ
- Fix: âError in content enumerationâ on Xbox One
- Fix: âInstallation stoppedâ Xbox One error