PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds is an Early-Access shooter game that takes players to an isolate island, challenging them to locate weapons and supplies. In this last-man-standing shooter game, mercy is a sign of weakness and may even get you in trouble sooner or later.
PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds is still work in progress. Many players have reported that the game is affected by low FPS issues, sound bugs, graphics issues, and other technical issues.
Fortunately, many of these bugs can be quickly fixed. In this article, we’re going to list a series of workarounds that you can use to fix common PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds issues.
How to fix frequent PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds bugs
Fix connection/Steam/launch issues
1. Restart Steam. This simple action allows your computer to fix many issues, and it’s extremely useful after you’ve installed the latest OS updates.
2. Verify the integrity of the game on Steam:
- Go to steam > right click PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds
- Click the Local Files tab > select Verify Integrity of Game Files.
3. Make sure your Windows OS is up to date:
- Go to the Start Menu > type Settings
- Select Update & Security > Check for Updates
- Install the available updates > restart your computer.
4. Make sure that all of your drivers are updated, both for your GPU and any other hardware you are using. You can download the latest NVIDIA or AMD drivers from the links below:
5. Run Steam as an Admin. This can also help fix the “Steam Initialization Failure” error. Simply go to C:Program Files (x86)Steam > right click on Steam.exe and select Run as Administrator.
6. Run PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds as an Admin.
Go to C:Program Files (x86)SteamsteamappscommonBattlegroundsTslGameBinariesWin64 > select TsLGame.exe > right click it > run as Admin.
7. Disable Windows Defender.
8. Disable Windows Firewall and any other third-party antivirus solutions:
- Go to Control Panel > System and Security > Windows Firewall
- Use the options available on the left hand panel to either turn the Firewall off or allow an exception for the game.
9. Update/Reinstall Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015. You can download the tool from Microsoft’s support page.
10. Install the latest update for Universal C Runtime in Windows.
11. Scan your system using a registry cleaner. If you don’t have one installed on your computer, check out this list of the best registry cleaners for Windows 10.
12. Set he launch options to -noborder.
13. Place PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds on the same hard drive as your Windows OS.
14. Load the game on the lowest settings file.
Players report that various launch errors also occur because the game opens up on some unusual resolution by default. Try loading the game on the lowest possible settings, running at 1280×600 windowed.
Don’t worry it’s just a low settings file for the game, you can replicate this if you don’t trust the file, but you need a friend who can run the game, put everything at the lowest settings and then copy the GameUserSettings.ini give it to you and replace your file with it, and be sure to make a backup of the original file just in case
Missing texture of buildings/players can go through walls
1. Restart the game and this should fix this issue.
2. If you don’t like the first method, you can also use ALT + TAB.
3. Turn off ShadowPlay.
Low FPS issues
1. Install the latest Windows OS updates on your computer and update your drivers.
2. Install the game on the same drive as your OS.
3. Install the latest game updates when they are available. Since PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds is an Early Access game, much of the devs’ work is focused on optimization right now. The upcoming patches will definitely improve the game’s FPS rate.
In order to boost your game performance and get rid of slowdowns, lags, low FPS and other annoying issues, we recommend downloading GameFire (free).
Infinite loading screen
1. Install the game on SSD.
2. Run a full system scan using your antivirus program, as well as additional tools such as ADWCleaner.
3. Lower your graphics settings.
Low memory errors
1. Lower your resolution and decrease the graphics settings.
2. Install the latest Windows OS updates on your computer. Update your graphics card drivers.
3. Run tslgame.exe and Steam as an Admin.
Black boxes/ weird shadows randomly appear in the game
Set shadow on the lowest possible setting. Keep in mind that this action will affect the overall graphics quality of the game and won’t completely eliminate the black boxes.
We’ll end our list of workarounds here. If you’ve come across other solutions to fix various PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds bugs, feel free to describe the respective issues and list the troubleshooting steps in the comment section below.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT: