Last week, Microsoft rolled out a new update to the Movies & TV app for some Insiders. Hot on the heels of that update, the software giant has now updated its Groove Music app on Windows 10 with a fresh user interface and a few bug fixes. The Groove Music update is now available for Windows Insiders on the Fast and Slow Rings.
The update replaces the â€śArtistâ€ť, â€śAlbumâ€ť, and â€śSongâ€ť tabs with a single â€śMy Musicâ€ť Section. This unified tab provides an easier way of quickly navigating between the three sections. The revamped UI makes it more convenient for users who prefer local and personal music to recommendations.
Also, the update ditches the â€śYour Grooveâ€ť tab for â€śRecommendedâ€ť. The new tab displays new releases and artists that bear a similarity to those already in your library. It remains unclear, however, whether My Groove has completely gone from the app or has been turned into a subscription service. Microsoft also fixes the bug that previously displayed the app package in the title bar instead of the appâ€™s name.
The last update for Groove Music was released in July of last year. That update brought more color to the Your Groove and Explore sections of the app among other improvements. On Windows Store, the appâ€™s features include:
- Enjoy Groove on PC, tablet, Xbox, the web and mobile phones
- Get your entire music collection in the palm of your hand. Browse and manage it from devices big and small
- Mix it up: Groove Music Pass subscribers get all their own music, plus the entire Groove catalogue, all in one place
- Make and manage playlists that rock any occasion
- Use OneDrive to bring tunes into Groove – then listen on Xbox, the web, tablet and your smartphone
- Get 20 million songs and nonstop radio stationsâ€”freeâ€”with iHeartRadio
- Rock the house with SONOS HiFi sound integration
- Try Groove Music Pass for freeâ€”and stream or download over 40 million songs, ad-free, online or off
Have you downloaded the updated Grove Music yet? Let us know.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Groove Music update improves performance, automatically generates playlists for you
- Fix: Groove Music App Crashes in Windows 10
- Groove Music Windows 10 app updated to fix various issues