HP printer firmware available with fixes for blocked non-HP ink cartridge
HP has made a good amount of customers very mad last month, when the company has released a firmware update for its printers to block non-HP ink cartridges. Once the update has been released, all owners have noticed that the non-HP cartridges have stopped working.
However, soon enough, HP has made an official announcement, saying that after noticing that many users are disappointed about this update, it has decided to release a new update that will fix the issue and it will allow once again non-HP ink cartridges.
Well, we have some good news for all the owners of HP printers, as this new update has just been released and starting from now on, you will be able to use non-HP cartridges on your printers.
In case your HP printer has been affected by the old firmware update and it has blocked the non-HP cartridges, here is what you need to do in order to fix the problem:
- Head to the HP Customer Support website and insert your HP printer model number;
- After doing this the website will return a list of matching products such as updates, documentation etc.;
- Look for the firmware section on the page and expand it;
- Make sure that you download the new firmware update which has been released on October 12, 2016;
- When the download is complete, install the new firmware update and youâ€™re done.
You will notice that after that your HP printer will once again recognize the non-HP printer ink cartridges. Keep in mind that the firmware of each HP printer will need to be updated in order to fix this problem, so if you have multiple HP printers at work, make sure that you update all of them.
Do you think that HP made a big mistake by blocking non-HP print cartridges on its printers?
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- HP printers wonâ€™t support non-HP cartridges after firmware update
- HPâ€™s second generation Spectre x360 convertible sports slim bezel design
- HP announces ENVY Notebook 13 with Intelâ€™s Kaby Lake processors