We all love to relax with a favorite game on our computers, but it seems that some users are having problems with fullscreen games and Windows 10. This sounds like an unusual problem, and today we’ll try to fix that.
Some users report that they are unable to run games in fullscreen mode, and according to them the game just switches to desktop and stays that way while game sounds play in background. This makes most games unplayable since games run in fullscreen mode by default, but there’s a few solutions that you can try.
How To Resolve Windows 10 Fullscreen Games Issues
Solution 1 – Run your game in windowed mode
If your game comes with a configuration file, or if you can set its configuration before starting it make sure that you set it to run in windowed mode. This isn’t the best solution, but it’s a workaround that will allow you to play your favorite game again.
Solution 2 – Set display scaling to 100%
It has been reported that many games won’t run properly unless the display scaling is set to 100%, so let’s see how to set display scaling to 100% in Windows 10.
- Open the Settings app and go to System > Display.
- Find the Change the size of text, apps and other items and move it all the way to the left. It should say 100% now.
- Click Apply.
- You’ll be asked to sign out and sign back in in order to apply the changes.
- After signing back in you should be able to run your games again.
Solution 3 – Change your main screen
- Right click on your Desktop and choose Display settings from the menu. When Display settings window opens you should see two monitors labeled with numbers.
- In Display settings window click Identify. A number should appear on your screen. Usually it’s 1 or 2.
- Now in Display settings set the monitor with the same number you got in Step 2 as the main monitor.
- Save the changes and try running games in fullscreen.
Solution 4 – Change Nvidia Control Panel settings
If you own both integrated and dedicated graphic you might need to change few Nvidia Control Panel settings to fix this issue.
- Open Nvidia Control Panel.
- Go to Manage 3D settings > Global settings.
- Change Preferred graphics processor from Auto-select to High Performance Nvidia processor.
- Save the changes and try running games in fullscreen mode.
Game Fire is a game booster that will get rid of freezes, lags, low FPS and other issues while playing. Download it now (free) for a better gaming experience.