League of Legends is one of the most popular MOBAs in the world, with millions of active users globally. And with this many players, there are an array of configurations the game runs on, making it unsurprising that many gamers report various technical issues.
One of them is the inability for LoL players to use their¬†mice and keyboards. More specifically, these peripherals stop responding, preventing players from controlling their champions. Here’s how one player¬†describes this problem:
while I’m in game my keybored and mouse freeze and stop responding for a few seconds, it makes it quite hard to farm and fight, I have a Razer deathadder 2013 and a blackwidow ultimate 2013, I’m not sure whats going on because it only happens in league and outside of being in a match. if its already been solved please link me. couldn’t find anything online
In this article, we’re going to list a series of workarounds that will help you to solve¬†mouse and keyboard issues in LoL.
How to fix League of Legends mouse and keyboard¬†bugs
League of Legends mouse doesn’t show
If your mouse cursor doesn’t show¬†when a League of Legends match begins, this could be caused by your¬†Windows mouse settings. Here’s how to fix this:
Mouse is unresponsive in League of Legends
- Type¬†Device manager in the Search menu > go to Universal Serial Bus controllers > open this class and you’ll see¬†a series of USB Root Hubs
- Double click them > a new window will pop-up
- Go to the Power management tab >¬†uncheck the option”Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power“.
League of Legends keyboard is unresponsive
If LoL doesn’t detect keystrokes, this is usually caused by errors in the¬†input configuration file. To fix this, you need to reset your bound keys. Here’s how to do this:
1. Launch a custom game >¬†tab out of the game > open your configurations folder.
2. Go to the location where you installed the game. The default location is C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\Config
3. Open the config file > delete “input.ini” if it exists
4. Open “persistedSettings.json” > press Ctrl+F > look for “input.ini”
5. Locate the curly brace on the line above the one containing “input.ini”. Scroll down to find the closing brace. Delete everything between these braces. Here’s what you should find in these braces:
. . .
6. Save your changes > tab back into League of Legends > exit the game > restart.
We hope these solutions help you to solve your LoL mouse and keyboard issues. As always, if you’ve come across other workarounds, feel free to list the troubleshooting steps in the comment section below.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Fix: Mouse clicks twice on Windows 10
- Fix: Mouse keeps clicking by itself in Windows 10
- Fix: Bluetooth Mouse not Working in Windows 10
- Fix: Mouse Lags Appear in Windows 10