How to Make Files, Apps Run Always as Admin in Windows 10
You might need a specific file or a specific application to always run as administrator in your Windows 10 Technical Preview and you will be pleased to know that you have this feature available in the system and by applying the steps below you will make a file or app of your choosing run as administrator in Windows 10 Technical Preview.
If you have issues with a specific app or file you can always disable the user account control feature in Windows 10 so that it will never ask you for permissions again but if you wish to protect your system from malware or viruses the simpler way is to just¬† grant permanent administrator rights to specific apps and files and leave the user account controls unchanged.
Tutorial on how to make your files and apps run always as administrator in Windows 10 Technical Preview:
- From the desktop in your Windows 10 Technical Preview right click or hold tap on the shortcut you want to always run as administrator.
- Left click or tap on the ‚ÄúProperties‚ÄĚ feature from the menu that pops up.
- Now you should have in front of you the Properties window.
- Left click or tap on the ‚ÄúShortcut‚ÄĚ tab situated in the upper side of this window.
- From the ‚ÄúShortcut‚ÄĚ tab left click or tap on the ‚ÄúAdvanced‚ÄĚ button situated in the lower right side of this window.
- Now from the ‚ÄúAdvanced Properties‚ÄĚ window you will need to check the box next to ‚ÄúRun as administrator‚ÄĚ.
- Now left click or tap on the ‚ÄúOK‚ÄĚ button to close this window.
- Left click or tap on the ‚ÄúApply‚ÄĚ button in the ‚ÄúProperties‚ÄĚ window.
- Left click or tap on the ‚ÄúOK‚ÄĚ button to close the ‚ÄúProperties‚ÄĚ window as well.
- Now reboot the Windows 10 Technical Preview device and check to see if the file or app you changed has administrator privileges.
- Right click or hold tap on the task-bar in Windows 10.
- From the features that pop up you will need to left click or tap on the ‚ÄúTask Manager‚ÄĚ option.
- Left click or tap on the ‚ÄúMore Details‚ÄĚ arrow situated in the lower left side of Task Manager.
- Left click or tap on the ‚ÄúFile‚ÄĚ option situated in the upper left side of the Task Manager window.
- Left click or tap on the ‚ÄúNew Task‚ÄĚ option.
- Now you have a ‚ÄúCreate new Task‚ÄĚ window in front of you.
- Hold the left click pressed on the shortcut you want to permanently grant administrator privileges.
- Drag it to the ‚ÄúCreate new Task‚ÄĚ window next to ‚ÄúCreate‚ÄĚ feature.
- Check the box next to ‚ÄúCreate this task with administrative privileges‚ÄĚ.
- Left click or tap on the ‚ÄúOK‚ÄĚ button to save the changes.
And you are done; you can use the steps above to set permanent administrative privileges to any files or applications you wish. Also write us in the comments section of the page situated a few lines below if you need further assistance with this subject and we will help you further as soon as possible.