Most of the time, a security camera constitutes only a single piece of a smart home network. But Ring, better known for its video doorbell that lets you see intruders outside, has baked several security devices into one setup called the Floodlight Cam, a new floodlight security camera that made its debut at CES 2017 in Las Vegas.
Ring intends for the Floodlight Cam to take over the wired outdoor light as your homeâ€™s main security system. The Ring Video Doorbell and the Ring Stick Up Cam were built to secure the front area of your house. Floodlight Cam aims to extend protection to your neighbors with its 270-degree motion detection and 110dB siren to scare away trespassers. The camera comes with an app that allows you to flash its lights, sound its alarm and zoom-in to focus on specific areas.
Key specifications of the floodlight security camera include:
- The ability to protect your home with motion-activated security camera with built-in floodlights, a siren alarm and two-way audio
- Crystal-clear HD video
- Ultra-bright 3K LED floodlights
- Two-tier motion detection with facial recognition
- Ultra wide-angle motion sensors
- Customizable motion zones and scheduling
- App-controlled camera, lights and siren
- Smart zoom with panning
- Instant motion-activated alerts
- Live View streaming video and audio
Compatible with iOS, Android, Mac and Windows 10, the Floodlight Cam sends quick alerts to your smartphone, tablet or PC once it detects motion. The camera is also easy to install andÂ work with Wi-Fi.
The Floodlight Cam will be available to purchase for $249 via Ring’s website beginning in April, though you can pre-order the security system right now. It comes with an annual plan to make full use of it: $3 a month or a discounted option of $30 a year.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Best video surveillance software for Windows 10
- IoT cameras have major security vulnerabilities, says Bitdefender
- The 6 best 360Â° USB cameras that wonâ€™t break the bank