The Sims 4 is one of the most popular life simulation games worldwide. Just like in real life, players can engage their Sims in different activities and can form relationships with other Sims.
Whenever I click the Sims 4 icon it takes me to Origin, but when I click the Plau button on Origin it thinks about it for a moment and then does nothing. The Sims 4 will not load, it works fine with my other game but not with Sims 4. I tried restarting my computer but had the same issue, Origin will not load the Sims 4, although it did so earlier in the day.
If you can’t launch the game, you’ve come to the right place. In this article, we’re going to show you how to fix start issues in The Sims 4.
The Sims 4 won’t open
1. Repair the game
Go to your Origin library > right click on the game > select the Repair game option.
2. Clean boot your computer
- Go to Start >type msconfig > select System Configuration from the search results.
- On the Services tab, click to select the Hide all Microsoft services check box > select Disable all.
- On the Startup tab, click Open Task Manager > select each startup item > click Disable.
- Close Task Manager > click OK > restart the computer.
For more information on how to clean boot your Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 computer, follow the instructions available on Microsoft’s Support page.
3. Clean your registry
Use a dedicated tool, such as CCleaner to clean your registry.
4. Delete the Origin cache files
Over time, these files accumulate out-of-date or corrupted data causing various issues. Here’s where you can find the Origin cache files:
- Origin folder in C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\
- Origin folder in C:\Users\ <username> \AppData\Roaming\
If you can’t see any files at these locations, unhide them. Go to the search menu, type folder, and then select Show hidden files and folders from the search results.
5. Check your disk and repair corrupt files
- Go to the Start Menu > type cmd> run Command Prompt as an Admin
- Type the following commands:
- chkdsk /r c: (replace C: with your drive’s letter) > hit Enter > wait for the scan and repair process to complete
- sfc /scannow > hit Enter > wait for the scan and repair process to complete.
6. Check your antivirus software/firewall
Sometimes, these tools may block your connection. Add the following files to the exceptions list: TS4.exe, Origin.exe, and authorizationUI.
7. Start the game in windowed mode
If The Sims 4 launches in windowed mode, lower all your settings and then launch to game in full screen mode.
8. Deactivate Origin ingame
- Open Origin. >click on Origin – Application Settings – Origin In Game.
- Uncheck Enable Origin In Game.
9. Update your Windows OS, as well as your graphics drivers and game.
- Go to Settings > Update & Security >Check for updates
- You can download the latest graphics drives from the following links:
3. Right-click on The Sim 4 in Origin > select Search for Updates.
10. Reset your user files
- Go to My Documents > open the Electronic Arts folder.
- Find The Sims 4 folder > right-click on it > select Copy.
- Go to your Desktop > right-click on a free space > select Paste.
- Right-click on the copied folder > select Rename.
- Change the name of the folder > launch a new game.
11. Disable recently installed programs
Some apps and programs may cause conflicts with The Sims 4, and even block the launch process. Disable the latest programs that you’ve installed on your computer and launch the game again.
There you go, we hope these quick workarounds helped you to launch the game. If you’ve come across other solutions to fix start issues in The Sims 4, list the troubleshooting steps in the comment section below.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT: