Sometimes when you first install the Windows 8.1 or the Windows 10 operating system you might experience some shutdown problems during your usage. When you select the feature in Windows to reboot your system and your device is shutting down instead or perhaps when you select the shutdown feature and the device is going into sleep mode or it will just reboot your system.
The shutdown problems in Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 usually come along side the “Hybrid Shutdown” feature presented first in Windows 8 systems and also in Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 systems. This feature is meant to decrease your device’s start-up time but unfortunately when you have shutdown problems in most of the cases it is caused by this feature. You don’t have to worry because we will show you below how you can disable the “Hybrid Shutdown” feature and fix your Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 operating system.
How to fix shutdown problems in Windows 8.1 and Windows 10:
- Move the mouse cursor over the upper right side of the screen in order to open the Charms bar menu.
- Left click or tap on the search feature presented there.
- Type in the search box the following text “power” without the quotes.
- Left click or tap on the “Settings” feature presented after the power search.
- Left click or tap on the “Change what the power buttons do” feature presented in the left side of the window.
- Now you should have in front of you the “System Settings” window.
- You will have to go all the way to the end of the list presented in the right side of the “System Settings” window.
- Find the feature “Turn on fast startup (recommended)” and uncheck the box next to it in order to disable this feature.
Note: If this option is not available and you cannot check or uncheck the box next to it then you will have to go in that list all the way to the top and left click on the “Change settings that are currently unavailable” link in order to activate this feature.
- Reboot the Windows 8.1 or the Windows 10 operating system.
- Try shutting down your device and see if it reacts differently. If you still have issues with the shutdown feature after this then do the next method posted below.
- Press and hold the button “Windows” and the button “X”.
- After you opened up the menu you will have to left click on the “Command Prompt as Administrator” to open it.
- In the command prompt window you will need to write the following line “bcdedit /set disabledynamictick yes” without the quotes.
Note: Be sure to type the command exactly how it is written above and include a space between the line “bcdedit /set disabledynamictick” and the “yes” word.
- Press the “Enter” button on the keyboard.
- Reboot the Windows 8.1 or the Windows 10 device and see if you still have this issue.
If you’re still having issues on your PC or you simply want to avoid them for the future, we recommend you to download this tool (100% safe and tested by us) to fix various PC problems, such as file loss, malware and hardware failure.
So now that you have above two methods on how to fix your shutdown problems in Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 you can go carry on your normal activity on the Windows device. Also if you have any other questions on this topic please let us know by writing us a few words in the comment section below.