Steam is the most popular digital distribution platform for PC games with millions of active users. Unfortunately some of these users have reported that Steam games fail to launch on Windows 10, so is there anything that you can do in order to fix this problem?
Users report that they are unable to play any game on Steam, and some of them have reported missing executable error. This is a big problem since you won’t be able to access any of the Steam games that you bought, but there are few things that you can do to fix this issue.
Fix Issues With Steam Games That Won’t Launch On Windows 10
Users have reported that verifying the game cache fixes this error, but it also downloads the entire game again, and this is not what most users want. This can be a problem with users that have 10 or more games on Steam because they have to download every game again. So is there a way to avoid this time consuming task?
Solution – Move your installed games to a different location
- Start Steam.
- Go to your game library and find the smallest game that you have installed and right click it.
- Go to the Local tab and click on Browse local files.
- If the game directory opens you need to move all your installed games to one folder above it and that should fix this issue.
- If the game folder can’t be opened you need to verify the integrity of the game cache. This will redownload the game to a new location.
- Now repeat steps 2 and 3 in order to find the game directory.
- Now move all your Steam games to one folder above it and everything should go back to normal.
We hope that this solution has been helpful to you, but if you need more information, we have also covered what to do when you’re unable to run Steam games on Windows 10, so make sure that you check it out.