Surface Book 2 gets stability update for Windows 10 v1703 and v1709
Microsoft began rolling out the first part of firmware updates targeted at its Surface Book 2. They are set to improve the stability of the system’s components, even if, fortunately, there haven’t been reported any significant breakdowns.
The company is currently delivering two sets of updates: one for the Surface Book 2s that are running Windows 10 version 1703 and the other for users who are already on the Fall Creators Update – Windows 10 version 1709.
Surface Book 2 updates for Windows 10 version 1703
- Intel(R) HD Graphics 620: Display adapters 188.8.131.5240 improves system stability.
- Surface UEFI: Firmware 387.1879.769.0 improves system stability.
- Surface Dial Filter: Human Interface Devices 184.108.40.206 improves system stability.
- Surface Integration: System devices 220.127.116.11 improves system stability.
- Surface DTX: System devices 18.104.22.168 improves system stability.
- Surface UCSI Device: Universal Serial Bus controllers 22.214.171.124 improves system stability.
Surface Book 2 updates the Fall Creators Update
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050: Device adapters 126.96.36.19908 required to support Windows Mixed Reality features.
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060: Device adapters 188.8.131.5208 required to support Windows Mixed Reality features.
- Surface ACPI Notify Driver: System devices 184.108.40.206 required to support Windows Mixed Reality features.
- Surface Integration Service Device: System devices 220.127.116.11 required to support Windows Mixed Reality features.
To download the new Windows 10 update for your Surface Book 2, all you have to do is head to the Windows Update.
These two separate updates are dated November 18, and they don’t have any effects on security, battery life, performance or connectivity; they’re just targeted at compatibility and reliability.
It’s a bit strange that the Surface Book 2 shipped with version 1703 of Windows, to begin with considering that the device was released after almost a month since the release of version 1709.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- Microsoft releases update KB4032188 for Windows 10 version 1703
- Service Host causes high CPU in Windows 10 version 1709 [FIX]
Microsoft rolled out a series of Office updates on Patch Tuesday. These patches brings many improvements and bug fixes to the table, making the Office Suite more […]
Continuum is a Windows 10 Mobile feature that lets mobile applications to be run on a monitor using a wireless or wired adapter. This feature […]
Every Windows enthusiast knows that Windows Timeline and Sets are indeed two of the most anticipated Windows 10 features for a really long time. Microsoft’s […]