Microsoft Surface Pro 3 and Surface Dock firmware released
The Microsoft Surface Pro 3 and Surface Dock got some love recently in the April firmware update. To be completely honest, the updates are not of the significant variety, but we do not recommend skipping them because they are designed to improve.
The Surface Pro 3 is probably the first Surface that knocked it out of the park with solid specification and design.
The following are description of the updates:
Surface Pro 3 devices with Windows 10 update:
- Microsoft driver update for Surface Dock Firmware Update
- Microsoft driver update for Surface Dock Integration
Surface Pro 3 devices running Windows 8.1 update:
- The following update will be listed as â€śSurface Firmware Update â€“ 4/19/2016â€ť or â€śSurface Hardware Update â€“ 4/19/2016â€ť when you view your update history after installing the updates
If youâ€™re interested in getting this update, download it from: http://aka.ms/drivers/surfacepro3.
Thereâ€™s also something called the Surface Dock Updater tool. This is great for updating multiple docs at the same time. The Surface Dock is arguably the best accessory available for the Surface Pro 3 as it gives the user more options when it comes down to using the device.
Hereâ€™s the updateâ€™s description:
When updates are available for the Surface Dock, you can use the same method to deploy them as you are using for other Surface updates. As with Surface updates, users can receive the updates via Windows Update when the dock is connected to a Surface device, or you can visit the Microsoft Download Center at to download the files directly.
Interested folks can grab the Surface Dock Updater tool from the Microsoft Download Center.
Despite the release of the Surface Pro 4, the Surface Pro 3 is still one of the best 2-In-1 computers on the market today. The major downside is the option to use it on your lap, something reviewers claim is not very comfortable.
Additionally, the battery life is not the best, so if youâ€™re going in expecting 8-10 hours, youâ€™ll need to look elsewhere.
Overall, great device, but the Surface Pro 4 greatly improves on it. If you have the cash laying around, thatâ€™s the Surface to get today.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Microsoft Releases Early 2016 Updates for Surface 3 & Surface Pro 3
- Fix: Cannot Connect External Display on Surface Pro 3 with Windows 10
- Surface 3, Surface Pro 3 Ship with Windows 10 Preinstalled