4 Best Torrent Apps for your Windows 8, Windows 10 Device
You really need to have a standalone torrent client app on your Windows 8, Windows 10¬†device, so that’s why we’ve gathered only the best for you to use
If you have a touchscreen device (laptop, tablet or hybrid) with Windows 8, Windows 10¬†on it, then you’re probably looking to get a very good torrent app to use on your Window 8 tablet, most likely. Of course, you can still resort to the good ol’ traditional torrent apps that we’re all acquainted with, but if you’re looking for some torrent apps specifically designed for your Windows 8, Windows 10¬†touch and user interface experience, then stick with us.
However, as an improtant tip that you need to take into consideration – there are also remote torrent apps that allow you to control your torrent downloads remotely. I guess you’re not looking for that kind of apps, so we’ll feature here three standalone torrent downloader/clients for Windows 10, Windows 8 and just one torrent remote app. Without further ado, let’s have a look at some of the best apps that you can use on Windows 10, Windows 8 to download torrent files.
Windows 8, Windows 10¬†torrent apps you need
The free Torrent Windows 8, Windows 10¬†app released by Jujuba Software is currently one of the best we could find in the Windows Store. The Jujuba Software Torrent allows to download torrent files, videos and music via the BitTorrent protocol. You can also add magnet URL links, as well. The app works on both Windows RT and Windows 8, Windows 10¬†Professional, not only on the standard Windows 8, Windows 10¬†version. Let us know what you think of it after testing it on your Windows 8 system.
Unlike some Windows 8, Windows 10¬†torrent apps, Torrex comes with the ability to work in background, letting you stream video and audio playback. Just like any other true desktop BitTorrent Client, this one also allows for the download of any torrents and magnet links and immediate viewing of the media content through the built-in media player. From this Windows 8, Windows 10¬†torrent’s app decription:
Torrex is full-featured BitTorrent client for Windows Store today, which supports x86, x64 and ARM architectures (Windows 8, Windows 10¬†and Windows RT). Our goal is to make a high-quality, easy-to-use and handy product. Please, report us about any problems and bugs you find and do not hesitate to inform us about any features you would like to see in future versions of our application. Your opinion is very important for us. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
And here are the features highlights of the Torrex Lite app, one of the best torrent apps to use on your Windows 8, Windows 10¬†devices:
- ¬†¬†¬† Background downloading
- ¬†¬†¬† Immediate streaming without waiting for torrent download completion
- ¬†¬†¬† Built-in player
- ¬†¬†¬† Download any torrent files, magnet links
- ¬†¬†¬† Background music playback
Torrent RT, just like the name suggests, is an application designed for those that especially use Windows RT, but it shouldn’t be neglected by Windows 8,¬†Windows 10¬†users, neither.This torrent app promises to make the most of your network bandwidth without draining your battery and making your tablet or hybrid device unresponsive. From the app’s description:
Need a stable Metro style BitTorrent client for your Windows RT/8 tablet? Try Torrent RT and you won’t be disappointed! Powered by the highly optimized MonoTorrent library it supports all protocols you would expect from a modern BitTorrent client.
And here are some of its most important features:
- ¬†¬†¬† Open torrent files and download content as well as magnet links directly from browser
- ¬†¬†¬† Open downloaded files directly from Torrent RT
- ¬†¬†¬† Limit the upload and download speeds of torrents
- ¬†¬†¬† Download torrent files to SD card or USB drive and select what you want
- ¬†¬†¬† Set priority to your torrent downloads
- ¬†¬†¬† Search for torrents on 30+ trackers without leaving Torrent RT, or even directly from Windows Search
- ¬†¬†¬† Set your own custom backgrounds
It needs to be said beforehand that this torrent app for Windows 8, Windows 10, albeit pretty useful, at least according to the reviews, isn’t the official app from the BitTorrent company. Like I mentioned in the beginning of this article, this is not a standalone torrent downloader/client app, and it works like a remote app. From the app’s description:
This app connects to the uTorrent WebUI (and only this) system allowing you to view and add torrents to your uTorrent application – from anywhere in the world with a supported internet connection. (Requires the correct ports to be forwarded on your router when accessing from the internet).
And here are the most important features that the uTorrent Client app for Windows 10, Windows 8 has:
- ¬†¬†¬† View all torrent items by their label
- ¬†¬†¬† Sort torrents by status
- ¬†¬†¬† Control torrents by pausing, stopping or removing
- ¬†¬†¬† Add new torrents from URL, magnet links or from .torrent files
- ¬†¬†¬† Search torrents in real-time with the Windows Search Charm
- ¬†¬†¬† View tracker, file information and properties for every torrent
- ¬†¬†¬† Change and remove labels on torrent jobs
- ¬†¬†¬† Change download priorities for individual files
- ¬†¬†¬† Open magnet links from the Internet and .torrent files from the Internet or local computer
- ¬†¬†¬† Pin individual servers to the Windows 8, Windows 10¬†Start Screen
If you’ve been using a torrent app on your Windows 8, Windows 10¬†or Windows RT device and you are 100% sure it is worth sharing it with us, then feel free to do so. Just like a last reminder, don’t forget to check the laws in your residing country to see whether or not you might be infringing some copyrights and be careful with what you download, as well.