Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 is an interesting game that allows players to select some of the most iconic Marvel and Capcom characters and confront players from around the world to see who’s the strongest of them all.
At the same time, the game is affected by a series of issues, as players report. One of the most frequent issues involve Xbox 360 fight sticks, which don’t seem to work for all players.
Here’s how one player describes this issue:
Xbox 360 Controller Not Working At All
I’m attempting to use an Xbox 360 MadCatz Fightpad and none of the functions work in the game. Dpad, buttons, nothing.
If you’re experiencing various Xbox 360 fight sticks issues, follow the troubleshooting steps listed below.
Fix: Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 controller/fight stick issues
1. If your fight stick has a switch to control D-Pad vs Analog Stick: toggle the switch on your stick for left stick, DPad, etc.
2. If you’re using an Xbox360 controller/fightstick and it isn’t working, make sure it isn’t set up as a generic controller through Steam big picture.
3. When you’re in Big Picture Mode, go to Settings and go to controllers. Once you’re there, where it says detected controller, click on your device to map your inputs. Once you finish mapping your inputs, restart the game and your peripheral should work.
4. Use X360CE. Download the 64-bit version, paste the .exe in your MvC3 folder located at this address C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\ULTIMATE MARVEL VS. CAPCOM 3 and run the exe. file there. Follow the onscreen auto set up the settings.
5. Launch the game again and you should now be able to use your controller/ fight stick.
If you’ve come across other workarounds to fix the annoying controller/ fight stick issues in Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3, list the troubleshooting steps in the comment section below.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Fix: FIFA 17 controller doesn’t work on Windows PC
- Fix Xbox One controller issues in Anniversary Update
- Fix: Xbox 360 Controller not Working on Windows 10