Have you installed Windows 10 technical preview on your Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 operating system? Well if you saw what you needed with this technical preview in Windows 10 and you want to uninstall it from your Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 system then you only need to follow the steps posted below for a quick uninstall.
You might have some issues with your Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 operating system if you installed on your device the Windows 10 technical preview as well. These issues can appear either from unwanted updates to your system or perhaps some modifications Windows 10 has made to your operating systems registries. So in only ten minutes of your time you will have your Windows 10 technical preview removed from your system and get back to your work.
Tutorial on how to remove or uninstall Windows 10 from Windows 8 operating system:
- If you are in the Start screen of your Windows device left click or tap on the “Shutdown” feature.
- Keep the “Shift” button pressed and left click or tap on the “Restart” button.
- You will get to a troubleshooting menu after the reboot of the Windows 8 device.
- Left click or tap on the “Troubleshoot” feature you are presented in the menu after the Windows device restarted.
Note: Under the “Troubleshoot” feature you should also see a “refresh or reset your PC” text.
- After you left clicked or taped on the “Troubleshoot” feature you will need to left click or tap on the
“Uninstall Preview updates” feature.
- After you chose the feature above your Windows operating system will reboot.
- When the Windows device starts up you will be presented with a “Uninstall Preview updates” window.
- You will need to write in that screen your Windows account and continue.
- After the step above you will need to write your account password in the next window and continue.
- Left click or tap on the “Uninstall” feature in order to uninstall your Windows 10 operating system.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to finish the uninstall process.
Note: You can choose to “Cancel” and in that case you will exit the uninstall feature of Windows 10 operating system.
- After the uninstall is completed you will need to reboot your Windows 8 device to completely finish the uninstall process of Windows 10.
If perhaps you installed your new Windows 10 operating system on a virtual software inside Windows 8 you won’t need to do the steps above because it will not affect your Windows operating system.
The only step you need to do is to take it out from the virtual software you are using by uninstalling it directly from inside the software.
The methods explained above are the easiest methods you can do in order to uninstall your Windows 10 operating system and continue running Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 on your device. Also you can write us below for any additional questions you may have regarding this article and we will help you as soon as possible.