µTorrent is a freeware BitTorrent client, closed source and owned by BitTorrent Inc. It is a peer-to-peer file sharing protocol used for distributing large amounts of data over torrents. With over 150 million users, it is the most widely used BitTorrent client outside China.
Fix uTorrent issues on Windows PC
- Fix: System cannot find path uTorrent error in Windows 10
- [Fix] “Write to disk: Access Denied” error with uTorrent
- [Fix] “Error files missing from job” error in uTorrent
- FIX: My Download folder is not responding on Windows 10
FAQ and latest news about uTorrent
- 4 Best Torrent Apps for your Windows 8.1, Windows 10 Device
- Manage now uTorrent Downloads Remotely in Windows 10/8.1/8
- uTorrent community passwords compromised
- This torrent contains files that may harm your computer
- Next uTorrent version to run in the web browser
Is uTorrent safe to use?
Currently, uTorrent’s software is considered safe and free of dangerous malware. The primary risk of using uTorrent comes not from the software itself, but the risk of downloading dangerous or infected torrents from unknown sources.
Is uTorrent legal?
Short answer: yes. uTorrent is legal, but downloading pirated things within uTorrent is not legal.
Using uTorrent is completely legal, as torrents are totally legal, but torrenting copyrighted content is illegal. If you are downloading/uploading illegal content or copyrighted content for commercial and mass distribution, then you are at risk.