The 0x87de2713 Xbox error code appears when users try to launch certain games or apps. Basically, this means that the service couldn’t locate the game or app license in Microsoft Store to validate that they own it.
There are three main reasons for the Xbox error 0x87de2713, first being a software glitch. The others are related to outages and DDoS attacks. Therefore, troubleshooting each of these possible causes is the best approach to fix this type of issue.
Don’t know where to start? Here we’ve prepared some of the probable solutions, so just follow the steps in this article.
How can I fix the 0x87de2713 Xbox error?
1. Enable Offline Mode on your console
- On your controller, press the Menu button.
- Select Settings.
- You may now use the tabs at the top to arrive at the Network settings window.
- Select Go offline and your network status will then change to offline.
- Next, select the Network Settings menu and access the Go offline option.
We’ve cleared out from the start that outages and DDoS attacks are common culprits that cause the 0x87de2713 Xbox problem. Switching your console mode to Offline is the best recommendation to fix this.
While offline, your Xbox won’t connect to any networks, therefore leaving behind any Xbox Live service outage or potential attack. If the problem is still occurring, disable Offline mode by going back to the Network screen, then select Go online.
2. Restart your Xbox console
- Make sure that your console is fully powered on.
- Press and hold the Xbox button in the center of your controller to open the Power Center.
- Then, select Restart console.
- If you see the Xbox animation, it means that the restarting procedure you just did was successful.
If the 0x87de2713 Xbox error message appeared after a botched firmware update, you’re entitled to suspect a firmware glitch. Performing a power cycling is the key step to fix this, so let us guide you.
You could also turn off your console by holding the Xbox button for approximately 10 seconds or until you see that the front LED stops flashing. The console will turn off then. Turn it back on after waiting for at least a minute by pressing the Xbox button on the console.
3. Remove and re-add the account to your console
- Press the Xbox button.
- Follow this path next: System > Settings > Account > Remove accounts.
- Select the account that you want to remove, then select Remove to confirm.
- When you’re finished, select Close.
- Press the Xbox button once again to start the second part of the procedure.
- Select your gamerpic in the upper-left corner of the screen, move all the way down and select Add new.
- Enter the email address for the same Microsoft account that you want to add.
- Select Enter.
- Type the password, then select Enter.
- Carefully read and agree to the terms of the Microsoft Service Agreement and Privacy Statement.
- Follow the steps to configure your Sign-In & Security preferences to add your account to the console.
Some users also claim that they’ve fixed this issue by deleting their account from the Xbox. Removing your Microsoft account from the Xbox console doesn’t even require to sign in to the account. Then, adding it back will take just a few minutes, so don’t postpone applying the above steps.
Sometimes, your patience is the one tested. The above procedures may not work, even if followed by the letter. You’re just supposed to give Xbox Live service a little while to work on this and try back later.
With that said, we can conclude this article. Have these tips been of any help in fixing the 0x87de2713 Xbox error? If so, feel free to let us know in the comments section below.