1Password Desktop App for Windows 8 Gets a Huge Update You need to Check out
There are a few solutions out there for Windows 8 users to help store your passwords, such as LastPass or RoboForm, but 1Password is another software which hasn’t yet been released as a touch app, so we’ll cover a big update that the desktop tool has received.
1Password hasn’t released yet its touch-enabled app for Windows 8 users, but at least we know that its desktop software has been finally optimized for desktop Windows 8 users, which is still good, nonetheless. So, if you need to sore randomized passwords, version 4.0 of 1Password for Windows 8 is what you should use, as it comes with a big number of new features and improvements, many of which have long been requested by its users.
Here’s what’s new in 1Password for Windows
- Favorites – Mark your most important or frequently used items for quick access and sync this list between all your devices.
- New browser extensions provide easy access to all your 1Password data (supports IE, Chrome, Firefox, and Safari).
- Sharing – you can share any type of 1Password item with people you trust via e-mail.
- Custom fields can be added to Wallet and Account items
- Multiple URLs per Login item (can be used where the same password applies to different websites).
- Easily find passwords that are used more than once with the new “Duplicate Passwords” category.
- 1Password’s auto-save detects password changes in your web browser, and can update your existing Login item.
- Easily switch between multiple 1Password Vaults via the File > Reopen menu item.
- Easily find passwords that are weak with the new “Weak Passwords” category.
- Improved vault detection; 1Password automatically detects all the 1Password data in your Dropbox.
- Easily determine what folder an item belongs to via a new column named “Folder Name” in the smart folder named “All”.
- Wi-Fi Sync – you can now sync with an iPhone or iPad on your network, no cloud required.
- Demo Vault – show off 1Password without showing off your personal information.
- Diceware Generator. We have improved the Strong Password Generator. It now includes a diceware generator, using 17679 words between 4 and 8 letters.
- 1Password Watchtower service warns you when a Login has been compromised and helps you decide when it’s safe to update your passwords.
- Tags – a flexible way to organize and find items with one or more keywords.
- New toolbar where the search input is ALWAYS visible.
- Many performance improvements. For example: searching your entire 1Password Vault is a lot faster.
Microsoft is all set to launch its next big update, Windows 10 version 1809 in October. While that should be a nice piece of news […]
The Windows 10 October 2018 Update (otherwise 18H2) rollout might now be two to three weeks away. For the last few months, new build previews […]
Microsoft released a new Windows 7 update to the general public. Update KB4457139 is actually a preview of the upcoming monthly rollup update and allows users […]