2D computer graphics refers to two-dimensional digital images that are generated by PC, using dedicated software and specific techniques.
This kind of graphics is used in applications like typography, cartography, technical drawing, advertising. They are also used for 2D animations and cartoons.
2D computer graphics started in the 1950s, based on vector graphics devices. Nowadays, you can use a plethora of editing tools to create amazing two-dimensional digital images.
Quick tips about 2D computer graphics software
- 5 best animation software to create animes on PC
- 5 best free animation software for beginners [2021 Guide]
- 5 best 2D animation software [2021 Guide]
- 5 best drawing software for manga artists
- 5 Best newspaper design software [2021 Guide]
If you want to discover more great tools to create amazing 2D images, or animations don’t hesitate to visit our dedicated Graphic & Design Software section.