If you’re looking for a fast router to stream media and back up files, then you won’t mind spending $499.99 on Netgear’s Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router. Its price is justified because it’s powered by a 1.7GHz Quad Core processor and it offers wireless speeds up to 7.2Gbps thanks to its Quad-Stream Wave 2 WiFi architecture and 802.11ad WiFi standard. MU-MIMO technology is the new technology that supports simultaneous streaming and the 160MHz-wide channels are used to double the WiFi speeds to mobile devices.
You will no longer need a computer to run Plex Media Server, as the Nighthawk X10 will be very capable and you will easily organize movies, TV shows, music, videos and images. In addition, by purchasing this router, you will get a free three-month Plex Pass to enjoy premium features. And don’t forget about the six months of free unlimited Amazon Drive backup. However, the advantages of using Nighthawk X10 don’t stop here. You will be able to use the 10Gigabit port for installing a fiber-optic cable, while the USB 3.0 ports will allow you to add storage.
Full list of key features of Nighthawk X10 includes:
- AD7200 Quad Stream Wave2 WiFi with wireless speeds up to 4600+1733+800Mbps;
- 60GHz 802.11ad WiFi supports instant downloads, backup and minimal latency while playing online;
- Plex Media Server;
- 1.7GHz Quad Core Processor that supports 4K streaming and VR gaming;
- Active Antennas for improved WiFi coverage and faster speeds;
- 6Gb Ethernet LAN ports with dual ports;
- 2 x SuperSpeed USB 3.0 ports;
- Automatic backup to Amazon Drive;
- NETGEAR ReadyCLOUD for remotely accessing USB connected storage;
- 10Gb fiber port will support fast backup and media streaming to/from ReadyNAS or other NAS;
- MU-MIMO – data will be simultaneously streamed to multiple devices;
- NETGEAR Up app will configure your router very easy, no matter if you have an Android or iOS mobile device.
- NETGEAR genie app will allow you to monitor, control and repair your home network, while you’re away.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT: