One of the most popular file sharing services on the internet, 4Shared recently released its brand new Windows 10 app. Just like other online sharing services, with 4Shared you can share any type of file you want, like music, movies, pictures, even games and apps, but be noted that it’s not completely legal.
4Shared previously had an app for Windows Phone 8.1, but developers stopped working on it, as they started to work on a new app for Windows 10. And after some time of development, the beta version of 4Shared Windows 10 app is finally in the store.
Since the app is still in beta, it contains some bugs and issues, which is normal. But if you want a quick solution for storing, and easily sharing your files, 4Shared Windows 10 app can get the job done.
Check out the most important features of 4Shared app for Windows 10:
- Upload files from your phone, but its limited to only photos for now. I don’t see it using the App picker which it should use.
- You have 15 Gb storage to get started with.
- Uploading files worked nicely, and generating a shared link worked without a problem. You can share it over email, twitter, and so on.
- Search what is shared publicly.
- You can add files to favorites to get back to them later.
However, the old 4Shared app for Windows Phone is still available, and if you want, you can download it from this link. But you can also try the newest 4Shared app for Windows 10, which is also available in the store for free.
What do you think about this addition to Windows Store? Do you store your files on services like this, or you prefer cloud storage services, like Microsoft’s OneDrive? Tell us in the comments.