Acer is one of the electronics makers that is known for putting on the market affordable devices. While it can’t be considered to be part of the ‘ivy league’, the company is known for releasing cheap Windows laptops, such as this one.
The market is already flooded with so many cheap and reliable Windows tablets, notebooks and laptops, that it is becoming really hard to make a choice. But if you have certain companies that have impressed you along the years, then you will keep buying their products.
I can’t say that I’m a fan of Acer’s products, but there are many out there who use their products and seem satisfied with the quality. Acer has recently announced the new TravelMate B115 laptop, which seems to be a really affordable and portable Windows 8.1 touch netbook. Here are its main specs:
- 11.6-inch 1366 x 768 10-point multi-touch screen and a “ComfyView” for outside use
- Up to 10 hours of battery life
- Intel Celeron N2940 processor
- 500GB of storage and 4GB of memory, expandable to 8GB
- Bluetooth 4.0, USB 3.0 port and two USB 2.0 ports
- Webcam (1280 x 780) with 720p audio/video recording
This 11.6 inch touchscreen laptop is also just an inch thin and weigh 3 pounds, and you can get it for a price of $379. It’s quite a deal judging by its RAM and internal storage. This kind of device is probably aimed at students and anybody else looking for a budget Windows netbook with plenty of storage but also portable.