Photo editing app Affinity out now for Windows 10
When it comes to the best Photoshop alternative apps, Affinity surely tops them all. The app provides stellar editing tools and won the Mac App of the Year award in 2015 — not to mention the huge update that added tons of new aspects along with the 360° image support.
Its developers at Serif announced the beta version for Windows in November. But, the full version with all of the underlying features was available only on the Mac for $40. The price was increased on 22 December to $50.
The Mac platform also received the Affinity Photo 1.5 update and is billed as the ‘biggest update yet’ by its developers.
“Speed, power and accuracy are at the heart of Affinity Photo’s peerless workflow, with non-destructive editing, RAW processing and end-to-end colour management as standard. Tools work in real time, so there’s no waiting to see results. Now Affinity Photo 1.5’s enormous update takes its renowned power to another level with an array of new features that users will love, including:
• Macros to record and replay a set of commands
• Advanced HDR merge producing deep unbounded 32-bit images
• A full tone mapping workspace for both HDR and LDR images
• Focus stacking to achieve large depth of field from multiple images
• Full batch processing to process large folders of images in one go
• An all-new way to edit 360 degree images
• Direct PSD write-back
• 32-bit editing including OpenEXR import & export
• Automatic lens corrections based on profiles of thousands of lens & body combinations”, explains Serif.
The Affinity Photo has received thousands of 5-star reviews from professional photographers, editors, artists and retouchers around the world on Mac.
The Windows version
It is just now that Serif has released the Windows version of the awesome photo editing app.
The inexpensive feature-heavy alternative to Photoshop, Affinity Photo, is now available to purchase at a discount:$39.99/£29.99/€39.99 until 22nd December 2016, with no subscriptions required. The app has the potential to acquire a portion of Adobe Photoshop’s user base for a bunch of reasons. For instance, the pricing, the number of similar features witg Photoshop, and some things that are debatably better.
The Windows version is not much different from the Mac one and brings the same slew of features to the table. The app also was rewarded as Best Imaging Software’ 2016 by the Technical Image Press Association.
Furthermore, it appears that future updates are free once you buy the application: Mac Affinity Photo users can grab the 1.5 update for free now.
Check out other Related Stories:
- Prisma photo editing app coming to Windows 10 this month
- Windows 10 Photos app gets a new interface and interesting new features
- 6 best photo management and editing software for Windows 10
- Windows Photo Editing app “Afterlight” Available in Windows Store
Some users wonder how they can install Windows 10 on a second drive, without damaging the system. Setting up Windows 10 on the new drive […]
Nvidia GeForce Experience is a useful application, but many users reported error code 0x0001 while using Nvidia GeForce Experience. Today we’ll take a look at […]
IPad owners where left frustrated after Skype dropped support for earlier versions of iOS. When trying to install Skype on their iPads, an error message […]