Microsoft’s ‘Age of Empires: Castle Siege’ Launches for Windows 8, Windows Phone 8 & Looks Awesome
There are many awesome games on the Windows Store and you just need to look for the right place to find them, such as Wind8Apps. Today we’re talking about the recently launched Age of Empires: Castle Siege by Microsoft.
If you’re a fan of the hugely popular Age of Empires game series developed by Microsoft Studios and you now have a Windows 8 tablet or even a desktop device, you’ll be curious to try out this new release. Age of Empires: Castle Siege is one of the best strategy games you will find right now on the Windows Store, so it’s worth your attention, especially that it’s available for free and also for Windows Phone 8.
Play Age of Empires: Castle Siege on your Windows 8 tablet
Just like we were previously saying, the official Age of Empires: Castle Siege has become available for Windows 8 users. Here’s how the official description of the game sounds like:
“Age of Empires®: Castle Siege invites you to guide your empire through the Medieval Era on your Windows PC or touch screen device. Choose from one of several civilizations, including the Britons, Teutons, and Kievan Rus. Upgrade your keep, fortify your walls, and garrison defensive troops to protect yourself from marauders. Then, train an army to raid other cities, and command them in battle to dismantle your opponents’ defenses.
Over the ages, you’ll research technology, live through famous battles, and recruit a variety of heroes to your side, including Saladin, Richard the Lionheart, and Joan of Arc. Outsmart your attackers and outplay your victims to earn achievements and climb to the top of the leaderboards.”
And here are some of the top features of the game:
- Develop your fortress through the ages, from the Dark Ages to the Renaissance.
- Train armies of medieval units, including cavalry, trebuchets, and 6 different cultural units. Lead them into battle against other players’ castles.
- Drag paths on the touchscreen to command units directly in battle. Using tactical control to counter your opponents’ defenses is crucial to victory.
- Recruit famous historical heroes to your side, including Richard the Lionheart, Charlemagne, and Saladin. Deploy their unique special abilities to turn battles in your favor.
- Play through 10 historic battles, including the Siege of Marienburg and the Fall of Constantinople.
- Form an Alliance with your Xbox Live friends and fight to the top of the leaderboards.
I had the chance to play around with it and can say that I’m pretty impressed with its performance and graphics, so go ahead and follow the link at the end to download it. It is available in English (United States), German, Spanish, French, Russian, Portuguese, Italian languages. Leave your comment at the end and let us know what you think of it.
KB4487044 brought quite a few quality improvements to Windows 10. It has basically addressed numerous bugs that existed in the previous versions of the operating system. […]
Distribution list or contacts list is an important shortcut allowing Outlook users to send email to multiple recipients without adding contacts individually. However, some users […]