Alcatel is one of the manufacturers present at this year’s MWC event. With many looking to see a new smartphone from the once top of the line handset manufacturer, the company actually came out with a tablet instead. Following the trends and preferences of today, Alcatel brought out its own interpretation of the detachable 2 in 1 device.
The device is called Alcatel Plus 12 and looks to compete with the best of them. Its main strength is its display, which in this case is a 11.6 inch Full HD screen. The keyboard tends to differ for this kind of devices, but Alcatel has stuck with a hard shell design.
The specifications were presented and users got to see what’s inside
Surely, the device made its debut with a bit more than screen size information, so here is what users can expect from the latest Alcatel product according to the official specifications:
- The device will run on Microsoft’s Windows 10 which will make it a great choice for productivity-oriented tasks.
- The processing unit clock speed will vary between 1.1 GHz and 2.3 GHz, but it is known that it will be a dual-core Intel Celeron.
- In terms of memory, Alcatel’s newest hybrid has 4GB of RAM and a total of 64GB of local memory. A memory card will allow the expansion of this capacity, however.
- There will be a 6900 mAh battery unit and a 2580 mAh one as well for the device and keyboard respectively.
- Touch capabilities will be enhanced with support for the N-Trig stylus while security will be provided by a Windows Hello fingerprint scanner.
- A 5MP front facing camera will make for a decent selfie camera for enthusiasts.
Alcatel is aiming at the business sector as the main market for this tablet, with a philosophy based on the concept of being able to take your work with you on the road.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- Alcatel Unveils the Plus 10, its First Windows 10 2-in-1 Tablet [MWC 2016]
- Lenovo Miix 320 specs leak ahead of MWC 2017
- Lenovo to launch Yoga 720 with Kaby Lake and GTX 1050 at MWC 2017