Windows 10 Mobile is set to be released quite soon, and according to a well-known leakster, it seems that Alcatel is also planning to release a Windows 10 handset in the near future.
The information comes from Evan Blass, better known by his Twitter username @evleaks. According to him, the upcoming handset is going to be a mid-range Windows 10 Mobile device with the following specs:
- Quad-core 1.1GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 210 processor
- Windows 10 Mobile
- 4G LTE connectivity, Voice over LTE (VoLTE) support
- 5.5-inch display with HD (1280x720px) resolution
- 2GB RAM, 16GB onboard storage
- 8MP rear camera, 2MP front-facing camera, high-definition video recording
- 2500mAh battery, microSD card slot
Alcatel plans to join the Windows 10 Mobile growing party
Getting more smaller OEMs interested in Windows 10 Mobile might not be such a bad strategy, after all. Of course, Microsoft needs full support from big phonemakers, but these first need to see whether the new mobile OS is worth the effort or not.
The smartphone is said to bear the name Alcatel OneTouch Fierce XL and is expected to be released in December this year, just in time for the lucrative holiday season.