- The collaboration between Microsoft and Amazon resulted in the Alexa integration with Xbox Game Pass.
- Users can ask now Alexa to download Xbox Game Pass games with a simple voice command.
- In order to use this feature, you don't need to already have a skill installed, as you will be prompted to do so afterward.
- Alexa integration with Xbox Game Pass will also allow you to display emails, weather or various visual content.
Soon after Amazon launched the new Alexa app for Xbox console, gaming enthusiasts will benefit from a new treat.
Thanks to the newest partnership between Amazon and Microsoft, Xbox users were able to get more from their consoles with the use of Alexa.
How does the download feature work?
The new Alexa download feature, available on Amazon will allow its users to directly download Xbox Game Pass using Alexa.
How do I download Xbox Game Pass games via Alexa?
Before using the feature, you’ll first need to install the appropriate skill first.
In order to activate the skill, say the following:
Alexa, Enable the Xbox Games Pass skill.
This can also be done via the Alexa webpage or via the Alexa mobile app
How do I use the Alexa mobile app?
- Launch the Alexa phone app
- Open the side menu, and select Add device
- Select Game Console
- Choose Xbox
- Follow any on-screen instructions that appear
How do I use Alexa on the Xbox One X/S?
- Press the Xbox button on your controller
- Go to Profile & system, and select Settings
- Select General, and in the Power mode & start-up menu select Instant on.
- Go back to the Settings menu
- Select Devices & connections, and then choose Digital assistants
- Toggle Enable digital assistants
- Sign in using your Xbox account
If you already have linked Alexa to your Xbox, then by simply giving the following instruction, and the digital assistant will install the game:
Alexa, download [game] from Xbox Game Pass,
Of course, these aren’t the only Xbox Game Pass-related commands now integrated in Alexa, since there are also the following:
Alexa, what’s new on Xbox Game Pass?
Alexa, what’s popular on Xbox Game Pass?
Alexa, what’s leaving Xbox Game Pass?
Alexa, is [game] on Xbox Game Pass?
Once you give the command to the digital assistant, if you have not yet linked Alexa to your Xbox, then you’ll be prompted to do so. In other words, you will need to install the Xbox skill through the Alexa app.
Moreover, you can use Alexa to get more information about what is new, what is the most popular game on Xbox Pass Game or stay updated regarding other important changes, such as what may be leaving the service soon.
Have you downloaded any Xbox Game Pass Games by Asking Alexa? What are your thoughts about the new Alexa integration? Don’t hesitate to write us in the comments section below.