- VPNs are essential tools for a safe experience on the Internet.
- Find out in this article why PIA VPN is the best solution and how to get rid of all tap-windows adapters are currently in use error message.
- We have a large knowledge base with fixes for VPN errors.
- Search for the best solutions for IT related problems in our How-to category.
VPNs –Virtual Private Networks are services that allow users in different networks to share data. A VPN creates a secure tunnel across the Internet between the users. VPNs encrypt data to ensure privacy.
These are great tools to secure privacy and protect sensitive data. However, you can encounter problems when you are using VPNs.
One of them is that all TAP-Windows adapters are currently in use. Read this article to get the fixes for this issue.
All tap-windows adapters on this system are currently in use
To avoid any kind of problem with VPNs, we recommend using PIA VPN. PIA (Private Internet Access) is one of the best VPN solutions on the market. Kape Technologies is the company behind this amazing product.
It uses VPN Tunneling to ensure complete privacy. More so, a multi-layer security concept keeps you and your data transfers safe.
It’s worth mentioning PIA VPN is lightweight and simple to use. You just need to install it on your system and its auto-configure capability takes care of everything. It is very easy to manage and works great in Windows 10.
PIA VPN doesn’t need a lot of resources. It has a web of servers spread across the world to enforce anonymity. You can change your location if you need and access content that otherwise would be blocked. For P2P applications, it’s the VPN of choice.
Download and install PIA VPN to be completely anonymous and safe on the Internet. And you don’t have to worry about all TAP-Windows adapters are currently in use error.
Private Internet Access VPNDon't pass this great opportunity. Download the best VPN available and enjoy a completely safe and private Internet experience.
2. Disable and re-enable TAP adapter
- Open Control Panel and go to Network and sharing center.
- Now, click on Change adapter settings.
- Find the one that says TAP-Windows adapter.
- Right-click on it and select Disable.
- Right-click on it again, but this time select Enable.
- Restart your VPN application and that’s it.
3. Reinstall TAP Windows adapter
- In Windows, right-click the Start button, select Device Manager and go to Network adapters.
- Find the TAP Windows adapter, right-click on it and click Uninstall device.
- Restart your VPN application. When it starts, it should prompt you to download and install the driver for TAP Windows adapter.
- Reinstall and the problem should be solved.
We know how important privacy and security are on the Internet. So follow our recommendation and get the best VPN solution. Download PIA VPN and don’t worry about your security anymore.
These are the fixes for all tap windows adapters are currently in use error message. Try them and let us know in the comment section which worked for you.
FAQ: Learn more about VPN
- How can I use VPN for free?
There are free solutions for VPN. However, read this article to find out why a VPN is worth the money.
- Should I use a VPN at home?
VPNs are the best solution for your privacy. They should be used at home, too. Read this article to find our recommendations for a good VPN for you home computer.
- How do I add a VPN connection in Windows 10?
Click the Start button, then go to Settings and choose Network&Internet. Read this full guide on how to create a VPN connection in Windows 10.