- Many users reported an error stating that the TAP-Windows adapters are currently in use.
- TAP-Windows issues can be solved by using a good Virtual Private Network.
- TAP adapter errors can be fixed if you try turning them off and on again.
- One can also solve TAP adapter issues by reinstalling it entirely.
VPNs –Virtual Private Networks are services that allow users in different networks to share data. A VPN creates a secure tunnel across the Internet between the users. VPNs encrypt data to ensure privacy.
These are great tools to secure privacy and protect sensitive data. However, you can encounter problems when you are using VPNs.
One of them is that all TAP-Windows adapters are currently in use. Read this article to get the fixes for this issue.
All tap-windows adapters on this system are currently in use
1. Disable and re-enable TAP adapter
- Open Control Panel and go to Network and sharing center.
- Now, click on Change adapter settings.
- Find the one that says TAP-Windows adapter.
- Right-click on it and select Disable.
- Right-click on it again, but this time select Enable.
- Restart your VPN application and that’s it.
2. Start using a reliable VPN
To avoid any kind of problem with VPNs, we recommend using one that is rated as being with as few system interferences as possible.
Some of these programs useVPN Tunneling to ensure complete privacy. More so, a multi-layer security concept keeps you and your data transfers safe.
Many of them are also lightweight and simple to use. You just need to install them on your system and its auto-configure capability takes care of everything, with most of them being easy to manage and working great in Windows 10.
Private Internet Access
Don’t pass this great opportunity. Download the best VPN available and enjoy a completely safe and private Internet experience.
3. Reinstall TAP Windows adapter
- In Windows, right-click the Start button, select Device Manager and go to Network adapters.
- Find the TAP Windows adapter, right-click on it and click Uninstall device.
- Restart your VPN application. When it starts, it should prompt you to download and install the driver for TAP Windows adapter.
- Reinstall and the problem should be solved.
We know how important privacy and security are on the Internet. So follow our recommendation and get the best VPN solution. Download PIA VPN and don’t worry about your security anymore.
These are the fixes for all tap windows adapters are currently in use error message. Try them and let us know in the comment section which worked for you.
Frequently Asked Questions
There are free solution for VPN. However, read this article to find out why a VPN is worth the money.
VPNs are the best solution for your privacy. They should be used at home, too. Read this article to find our recommendations for a good VPN for you home computer.
Click the Start button, then go to Settings and choose Network&Internet. Read this full guide on how to create a VPN connection in Windows 10.