- Prime Video, also marketed as Amazon Prime, largely targets American subscribers. At the end of 2019, the distributor boasted over 40 million users in the US and Puerto Rico.
- While US users can enjoy unlimited video streaming, non-US subscribers get limited access. This can be amended with the use of a VPN.
- Follow our VPN Hub for a good selection of articles on the best VPNs to use depending on your needs.
- More useful articles can be found in our dedicated web&cloud Streaming section.
Prime Video is a well-know on-demand video streaming service developed and distributed by Amazon in over 200 countries around the world.
Viewers in the US and Puerto Rico, counting more than 40 million at the end of 2019, have access to the largest movie and TV shows library, and can enjoy unlimited access.
Subscribers located in other regions of the world that want to use the same selection of movies usually face the message This title is not available in your location or This item is not available in your country.
However, with a little tweak to your Internet connection, any movie fan around the world can duck the geo-location restrictions.
How to watch Prime videos unavailable in your location
The best way to access the US streaming library on Amazon Prime if or when you’re outside the US is to use a VPN.
The private network will not only protect your online activity, but it will also adjust your device location to appear as if you’d access the service from somewhere in the US. Plus, it also encrypts your traffic.
Naturally, the use of a hidden network is not permitted by Amazon, so the service will actively block VPN usage. This is why not all VPN providers can tweak the Amazon network, and you may end up with a proxy error.
In this case, we recommend that you use CyberGhost VPN.
CyberGhost VPN is a reliable service, incredibly user-intuitive and it comes with a generous offer of servers that you can choose from, depending on your needs.
What’s more, CyberGhost is compatible with most devices, from the classic Mac, Windows, iOS, or Android systems to smart TVs or Linux. The app is available not only with Windows 10 but also for older operating systems.
Having said this, start now by downloading CyberGhost from here. Or, if you’re not convinced just yet, check out this recent review for more specific details that might be of interest when choosing this VPN.
How to watch Amazon Prime with a VPN
- Open the CyberGhost VPN and connect to a US server. (The VPN might choose one by default)
- Log in to your Amazon Prime Video account.
- Search for the show or movie you want to watch > click on Watch Now.
Tweaking your location with a VPN might work only when you’re streaming on a laptop or desktop.
Note: In case you’re using a VPN but Amazon Prime still doesn’t work, have a look at this guide.
FAQ: Learn more about streaming on Amazon Prime
- How do I hide my location for Amazon Prime videos?
- Choose a VPN that can unblock the Prime Video service.
- Install the VPN and connect to a US server.
- Open to Amazon Prime Video and stream the content you want.
- Is Amazon Prime valid worldwide?
Amazon Prime is available in over 200 countries around the world, covering Noth America, Europe, and Asia.
- Can I watch Amazon Prime video outside the US?
Yes, but you can access only part of the library available in the US. The service has a Watch While Abroad section with the available titles when you’re outside the US.