AMD Crimson drivers get Windows 10 Creators Update support
AMD has recently released a dedicated driver update for the Windows 10 Creators Update. The AMD Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 17.4.2 adds initial support for Microsoft’s latest OS and fixes a series of annoying bugs.
This driver release comes in very handy as many gamers had already reported various technical issues after installing the Creators Update OS.
It is worth mentioning that this driver doesn’t support AMD Radeon products running in Apple Boot Camp platforms. If you use this product, you should contact your system manufacturer for driver support.
When installing the Radeon Crimson ReLive Edition 17.4.2, you must be logged on as Administrator, or have Administrator rights to complete the installation process.
And now let’s see what are the fixes and improvements that this new driver brings to the table.
AMD Crimson ReLive 17.4.2 bug fixes and improvements
- SteamVR Asynchronous Reprojection feature may not function or enable correctly on supported hardware.
- Battlefield™1 may experience poor scaling in Multi GPU mode using DirectX®11 API.
- Radeon ReLive may experience flickering when recording with an extended display connected on Windows®7 system configurations.
- Application profiles in Radeon Settings may fail to retain after system log off or reboot for some gaming applications.
- Windows® Security popup may be experienced after install and reboot on some Hybrid Graphics system configurations.
Unfortunately, the AMD Crimson ReLive 17.4.2 driver doesn’t bring any improvements to Forza Horizon 3, to fans’ disappointment.
Another driver that doesnt touch the fact that an AAA game Forza Horizon 3…or Forza Apex; doesnt even work at all on these drivers. Several bug reports have been sent by many people and there is no fix on these drivers. Poor AMD. First step on drivers should be to make sure at the VERY least games are able to boot up and work with them. Not only has the performance on these games dropped since a few drivers ago; now the game doesn’t even work at all.
You can download the latest Crimson drivers from the AMD’s official website.
Have you installed the latest AMD Crimson ReLive driver? Did you notice any other improvements or issues after installing the update?
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Latest AMD drivers for Mass Effect: Andromeda fix texture flickering issues
- March Patch Tuesday updates boost AMD Ryzen’s performance on Windows 10
- How to fix Conan Exiles stuttering and freezes on AMD CPUs
Nvidia GeForce Experience is a useful application, but many users reported error code 0x0001 while using Nvidia GeForce Experience. Today we’ll take a look at […]
IPad owners where left frustrated after Skype dropped support for earlier versions of iOS. When trying to install Skype on their iPads, an error message […]
Many Windows 10 users reported not being able to run WebGL supported websites. Error message WebGL is not supported pops up disallowing 2D and 3D […]