AMD Crimson drivers get Windows 10 Creators Update support
AMD has recently released a dedicated driver update for the Windows 10 Creators Update. The AMD Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 17.4.2 adds initial support for Microsoft’s latest OS and fixes a series of annoying bugs.
This driver release comes in very handy as many gamers had already reported various technical issues after installing the Creators Update OS.
It is worth mentioning that this driver doesn’t support AMD Radeon products running in Apple Boot Camp platforms. If you use this product, you should contact your system manufacturer for driver support.
When installing the Radeon Crimson ReLive Edition 17.4.2, you must be logged on as Administrator, or have Administrator rights to complete the installation process.
And now let’s see what are the fixes and improvements that this new driver brings to the table.
AMD Crimson ReLive 17.4.2 bug fixes and improvements
- SteamVR Asynchronous Reprojection feature may not function or enable correctly on supported hardware.
- Battlefield™1 may experience poor scaling in Multi GPU mode using DirectX®11 API.
- Radeon ReLive may experience flickering when recording with an extended display connected on Windows®7 system configurations.
- Application profiles in Radeon Settings may fail to retain after system log off or reboot for some gaming applications.
- Windows® Security popup may be experienced after install and reboot on some Hybrid Graphics system configurations.
Unfortunately, the AMD Crimson ReLive 17.4.2 driver doesn’t bring any improvements to Forza Horizon 3, to fans’ disappointment.
Another driver that doesnt touch the fact that an AAA game Forza Horizon 3…or Forza Apex; doesnt even work at all on these drivers. Several bug reports have been sent by many people and there is no fix on these drivers. Poor AMD. First step on drivers should be to make sure at the VERY least games are able to boot up and work with them. Not only has the performance on these games dropped since a few drivers ago; now the game doesn’t even work at all.
You can download the latest Crimson drivers from the AMD’s official website.
Have you installed the latest AMD Crimson ReLive driver? Did you notice any other improvements or issues after installing the update?
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Latest AMD drivers for Mass Effect: Andromeda fix texture flickering issues
- March Patch Tuesday updates boost AMD Ryzen’s performance on Windows 10
- How to fix Conan Exiles stuttering and freezes on AMD CPUs
The thought of producing EDM (electronic dance music) may have crossed your mind several times especially if you are a content creator, budding music artist […]
No matter if you run a business or not, if you want store data, QNAP (Quality Network Appliance Provider) Systems is probably the answer you […]
We have all sorts of applications on our PC, but sometimes certain apps can become grayed out and unable to remove. This can be a […]