AMD has rolled out a new hotfix driver update for Dishonored 2. If you own an AMD GPU and want to try this game out, be sure to download the latest driver: Radeon Software Crimson Edition version 16.11.3.
AMD’s latest driver release is delivered specifically for Dishonored 2. Going through the reviews, it doesn’t look like players are much pleased with the game’s performance.
The game Dishonored 2 is powered by the Void Engine, an engine that is based on the id Tech 5 Engine. Void Engine sports DX11 instead of OpenGL, contrary to id Tech 5 and 6.
The driver, apart from bringing support for Arkane Studios’ latest game, also adds several fixes regarding the Steam and Origin platforms that cause a crash when “using AMD X-Connect Technology on unplug”. But despite adding these fixes, there are still some problems that persist with the game. Have a look at the full changelog below.
Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.11.3 Highlights
- Dishonored 2
- Steam and Origin will no longer terminate when using AMD X-Connect Technology on unplug.
- A few game titles may fail to launch, experience performance issues or crash if the third party application “Raptr” has its game overlay enabled. A workaround is to disable the overlay if this is experienced.
- DOTA 2 may experience a crash when launched using the Vulkan API on some Graphics Core Next products.
- Battlefield 1 may experience an intermittent application specific error message popup citing graphics device removal Flickering maybe experience while playing Overwatch in the main menu or viewing character models using AMD CrossFire mode.
- H.264 content playback may experience playback issues on internet browsers with hardware acceleration when also running gaming applications or content.
- FIFA 17 may experience an application hang or black screen on launch for some select Hybrid Graphics or AMD PowerXpress mobile configurations.
- H.264 content may experience blocky corruption when streaming using P2P content players on some Radeon RX 400 series graphics products.
You can download this new driver from AMD’s official website.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT: