AMD releases Radeon Software Crimson update, optimized for Overwatch, Total War, and more games
AMD isn’t discouraged by NVIDIA’s ascension in the marketplace, continuing to improve its products to compete. Its partnership with Sulon proves that it still has ambition, ideas and the workforce necessary to make things happen. Another piece of proof is the latest update for the Crimson Edition of the Radeon Software.
The Radeon Software Crimson Edition is a revolutionary graphics software with redesigned functionality, new features, and other improvements that offer a great user experience. AMD has released a new update for it, which includes version 16.20.1013 of a driver optimized for Overwatch, Total War: Warhammer, while Vulkan received a beta update that’s available as a DLC for the latest Dota 2 update.
These issues have been addressed
– Fallout 4, which experienced some stuttering in AMD Crossfire technology mode;
– Radeon Settings, which was removed from the system if it was open when the Radeon Software installer was launched;
– Radeon Settings “Additional Settings” option, which failed to launch;
– Quad AMD Crossfire technology configurations, where users were unable to re-enable AMD Crossfire mode when they were toggling the AMD Crossfire option in the “Gaming” tab from on to off;
– Texture flickering in Tom Clancy’s The Division appeared when running on Crossfire configurations;
– Instabilities, when pairing Intel Skull Canyon NUC (NUC6i7KYK) with AMD external graphics solutions using AMD XConnect Technology;
– Random BSOD, when unplugging for AMD XConnect Technology.
However, the company hasn’t fixed all the issues and some of them have affected the beta version of Forza Motorsport 6 Apex game. Here are a few of the known problems:
– If the AMD Gaming Evolved overlay is enabled, some titles fail to launch or they crash;
– Forza Motorsport 6: Apex will show brightness flickering if players use AMD FreeSync technology;
– While uninstallation, Catalyst Install Manager can’t detect the display driver.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- Fix: AMD Error code 43 on Windows 10
- Windows 10 games get unlocked frame rate support for UWP, AMD Freesync and NVIDIA G-SYNC
- AMD Crimson driver receives DOOM, Battleborn support
We all have heard the phrase If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it at least once. In this fast-paced world, only a few things can […]
Windows 10 OS by default comes with the Snipping Tool installed and enabled. However, for some users, the Snipping Tool gets blocked by software restriction […]