AMD’s Ryzen 5 priced at an affordable $169
Many people were excited about the release of the new Ryzen processor series from AMD but were unable to properly celebrate because the new processors were out of their price range. Now a month later, AMD returns with another series that caters to the middle-classs consumer with products that don’t sacrifice performance for a more enticing price tag.
Say hello to the new Ryzen 5 lineup
The new Ryzen 5 lineup contains no less than four new processors each with their own specifications. It was important for AMD that the community understands that Ryzen 5 doesn’t compromise between performance and price, but rather finds a common ground where both factors are powerful.
Here are the new Ryzen 5 models
The work put in to provide this type of result paid off in the end. Now, AMD can announce their upcoming Ryzen 5 lineup which contains the following models:
- R5 1400, costs $169 and comes with 3.2 GHz speed which can be OC’ed to 3.4 GHz
- R5 1500X, costs $189 and comes with 3.5 GHz speed which can be OC’ed to 3.7 GHz
- R5 1600, costs $219 and comes with 3.2 GHz speed which can be OC’ed to 3.6 GHz
- R5 1600X, costs $249 and comes with 3.6 GHz speed which can be OC’ed to 4.0 GHz
The price difference between the first and fourth model is significant, but so is the increase in power. Overall, every model should be accessible to many more people. The first two processors come with quad core and eight thread configurations while the second two feature a six core and twelve thread configuration.
AMD’s current approach to the market can be compared to Intel’s as the new Ryzen 7 processors are direct competitors of Intel’s Core i7 chips, with the Ryzen 5 series designed to directly challenge the Core i5 series from Intel.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- Latest AMD drivers for Mass Effect: Andromeda fix texture flickering issues
- AMD to launch Ryzen 5 desktop processors on April 11 for $169-$249
- March Patch Tuesday updates boost AMD Ryzen’s performance on Windows 10
Despite being excellent browsers, Google Chrome and Mozilla fire are occasionally affected by some bugs. For example, the address bar doesn’t search in these browsing […]