- Apple Music is a popular music and video streaming service brought to you by Apple.
- Although Apple Music's library is diverse, some users aren't able to access certain items in it.
- If you're in the situation above, you may need to create a new iTunes account in another country.
- Check out our guide and learn how you can circumvent Apple Music's unfair geo-restriction.
Apple Music needs no introduction, but if you’ve somehow missed it, it’s Apple’s popular music and video streaming service.
You can use it to stream your favorite music on your device, listen to playlists, or even download content to your device for offline usage.
Unfortunately, things aren’t all peachy; in fact, Apple Music is region-locked, meaning that some users can’t take advantage of the full service.
Although it should make sense that certain artists, albums and songs are only available in some regions, many find this practice unfair.
If you ever faced this limitation and felt the urge to bypass it, our guide will teach you how to do it with minimum effort.
How can I fix Apple Music’s region lock?
1. Create a new iTunes account
We wish to tell you that you can bypass Apple Music’s region lock by simply using a VPN, but unfortunately it doesn’t work that way.
Apple have gone the extra mile to make sure that its customers can’t simply spoof their location to access geo-restricted content.
However, creating a new iTunes account and linking it to the country you desire seems to work flawlessly.
With that in mind, here’s how to create an iTunes account that’s linked to another country:
- Download the latest version of iTunes
- Install the app on your PC
- Launch iTunes
- Accept the License Agreement
- Head to the Store section
- Scroll all the way down
- Click the Country or Region button
- Select the country you want to link to your account
- Go back to the Store section
- Try to purchase anything
- Type in your username and password
- Fill in the details to match your account’s country
- Don’t put in any payment info yet
That’s it, after you confirm your account, you should be all set.
We know that we’ve mentioned not putting in any payment method/info just yet.
If you do, Apple will most likely invalidate your account and switch it to the region your payment method is linked to.
For instance, using a Germany-based credit card should switch your account to Germany.
What you need to do instead is charge your account with iTunes gift cards, which are regionless.
After your account gets charged with the gift card amount, you can purchase music that was not previously available in your region.
2. Use a VPN
Some users reported still getting that annoying Apple Music not available in your region error after creating a new account.
In this case, we’d recommend you to turn off any location services on your PC (if available) and start using a VPN.
For this to work, you’ll need to uninstall iTunes from your PC and erase all traces of it before we proceed any further.
Once you got it done, do the following:
- Purchase a premium VPN plan (we recommend Private Internet Access)
- Download and install the VPN on your PC
- Launch the VPN and log in to your account
- Select a server in the same location as your iTunes account
- Wait for the VPN to establish the connection
- Download the latest version of iTunes
- Install iTunes on your PC and launch it
- Log in to your iTunes account
- Check if there’s any improvement
Now you should be able to use Apple Music and see content that was previously not available in your region without any location-related error.
The reason you were encountering the error before was most likely due to location services giving out your real coordinates or cached data on your PC.
If you’re not ready to invest in a VPN, you could try uninstalling iTunes and just disabling location services on your PC.
It might work, but there’s no guarantee that Apple won’t be able to pinpoint your real location.
Private Internet Access
Apple Music not available in your region? Private Internet Access could help you fix that without effort.
All things considered, if Apple Music is not available in your region, you can try to create another iTunes account using another region.
However, sometimes this fix might not work on its own and could need some additional assistance such as installing a VPN or disabling location services.