Astroneer now lets you cross-play between Xbox One and Windows 10
System Era Softworks has rolled out a new batch of updates to Astroneer, an indie space game about exploring the galaxy for mysterious treasures and resources. Patch 119 brings a spate of fixes and enhancements, the most notable of which is the ability for users to cross-play between the Xbox One and Windows 10 PC.
The new update also introduces fixes for objects dug up from the ground. Astroneer now lets you destroy hazards without revealing the research item buried within them. You will also be able to crush spikers after digging them up and jump on them without being hurt. Other enhancements concern distance and physics. For example, spheres can now roll around further from the player.
The game also gained performance improvements that include a more consistent frame rate. Also, vehicles and other items no longer disappear out of the clear blue sky when the frame rate goes too slow.
The patch notes for the build number 0.2.10119.0 include:
- Work is still underway for massive performance increases. Expect to see some of that in the next patch or so.
- The team is moving offices! We’re staying in Seattle but will be moving to a larger office so that we can grow our team. This is partly responsible for the increase in time between 117 and 119 patches.
- We’ll be doing a stream either this week coming up or first thing the following week to hopefully show off some of the new content coming to Astroneer.
On top of system improvements, System Era Softworks promises to unveil “special surprises” via a live stream next week. You can download Astroneer from Microsoft Store.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Here are a few Astroneer tips and tricks for a better gameplay
- Astroneer system requirements: Check them to prevent technical issues
- How to delete and fix Astroneer corrupt save game files
- Improve Astroneer’s graphics quality with these quick tweaks
We all know about the current US crackdown on Huawei products. Many big names are now abandoning collaborations with Chinese companies. Microsoft is not behind […]
Microsoft recently rolled out the Windows 10 May 2019 Update to the general public. Speaking of new OS versions, the tech giant is planning to […]
If you’ve tried logging into Twitch and even though you managed to sign in, you couldn’t see the content of any channel that you’re following, […]