Astroneer’s latest update brings performance and save file improvements
Astroneer has received a new update. Patch 131 features a series of important performance improvements, as well as save file adjustments. The update is available on both Xbox Play Anywhere and Steam, and doesn’t bring any new features.
Let’s see what the exact improvements are:
- 8 new rock-based discoveries available for research
- Players can now delete saves
- Saves use fixed numbered slots
- Most recent save are selected by default
- Disable starting new game when saves full
- Reduced camera auto-adjustment so it interferes less when using gamepad
- Updated attenuation settings on refinery audio. No longer playing as 2d.
- Adjusted the Terrain cursor analog stick motion curve
- Improved physics update efficiency.
- Plant Materials updated to be less GPU intensive.
- Major optimization to base networks and tethers.
- Significantly reduce network bandwidth usage.
Unfortunately, Astroneer’s Patch 131 also brings issues of its own, as players report. However, bear in mind that the game is still work in progress, meaning that gamers may encounter quite a significant number of bugs.
Astroneer Patch 131 bugs:
1. If you empty a building of power during night, enter your habitat and wait till daytime, the solar panels will flip open and do their animation and provide power, but nothing recharges until you get out of the habitat and your tether activates with the buildings.
2. If your character tether is not touching the buildings, power is not used by the buildings to recharge their internal batteries.
3. After the update, some players report that the game is affected by low FPS rate issues.
Have you installed the latest Astroneer update? Did you notice any other issues?
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Improve Astroneer’s graphics quality with these quick tweaks
- How to delete and fix Astroneer corrupt save game files
- Astroneer system requirements: Check them to prevent technical issues
Microsoft is all set to launch its next big update, Windows 10 version 1809 in October. While that should be a nice piece of news […]
The Windows 10 October 2018 Update (otherwise 18H2) rollout might now be two to three weeks away. For the last few months, new build previews […]
Microsoft released a new Windows 7 update to the general public. Update KB4457139 is actually a preview of the upcoming monthly rollup update and allows users […]