Astroneer’s latest update squashes a bevy of bugs, download it now
Astroneer is an addictive space exploration game that challenges players to find rare resources and use them to craft various tools to upgrade their space base. The game is still work in progress, which means that players often encounter various technical issues that limit their gaming experience.
Fortunately, System Era Softworks rolls out updates regularly to patch the bugs reported by players. The latest Astroneer update fixes a series of frequently encountered issues that includes the oxygen tank not working, sound issues, resources hovering out of te main character’s backpack, and more.
Astroneer Update Notes
- Allow the 2 expansion slots on backpack to use Filters, Tanks, and Tethers
- Fix exploit allowing player to trade for infinite resources by thieving the item like a pirate while launching
- Fix bug that would not allow a full oxygen tank to save an Astroneer from suffocating
- Cut value of Fuel in half on Trade module
- Double power requirement and production time of Condenser
- Fix known physics problems when attaching things to large storage on truck
- Fix bug allowing player to make building platforms after a conduit hub has already been branched.
- Change the Shuttle/Spaceship conduit hub type to the same as the habitat
- Allow Shuttle/Spaceship to reattach to previously created hubs
- Fix algorithm that picks the height of new base platforms, so that flat terrain makes flat bases
- Fix issue where resources hover out of backpack on loading save
- Fix Popper hazards spawning new research items on save load
- Fix for client Condenser exploit that would allow player to take unfilled fuel canister.
- Fix for research item exploit where player could save game after getting item, and reload.
- Fix for clients not seeing correct light and oxygen state on tethers.
- Fix for clients being unable to hear anything in SFX category of sounds.
- Don’t allow player to enter vehicles while interacting/holding anything else.
This latest Astroneer update also includes 5 special updates for Steam users. Most likely, these 5 Steam-exclusive updates will make their way to Xbox One and Windows 10 PC when System Era Softworks pushes out the next game update.
Astroneer players report that this game update increases lag on the Xbox One. You can fix this problem by creating a new game.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Here’s how to fix Astroneer low FPS issues
- Here’s how to fix Astroneer 2015 C++ Runtime errors
- Here are a few Astroneer tips and tricks for a better gameplay
Are you having problems while trying to log in to your Microsoft account? In that case, you will most likely receive the following alert: ‘The […]