ASUS Announces New Windows 8 Transformer Book Hybrids: Flip, V and Chi
The Computex trade show in Taipei has just started and Asus, as it always does at the event, has announced a bunch of new devices. We’ll focus on the new Transformer Book line of products – the Flip, the V and the Chi.
The above image that you see depicts the new Asus Transformer Book V, a 2-in-1 Windows 8.1 hybrid with a detachable Android phone. Now, this is something that we don’t see too often – Windows and Android joining hands in a single product. You’ll find below features and specs of the Transformer Book T300 Chi, which Asus claims to be the thinnest 12.5-inch detachable tablet. Also, the Asus Transformer Book Flip, just as the name suggests, can be flipped and set at any angle between zero and 360 degrees. Here are more details about each of them.
Asus Transformer Book Flip
- Intel Core i7 processors
- Nvidia GeForce GT840M discrete graphics
- Full-HD (1920×1080) touchscreen.
- Incorporated 6mm-diameter actuators
- Three screen sizes available – 13.3 inches, 14.0 inches and 15.6 inches
- 2 GB of video memory
- ASUS SonicMaster audio
- Instant On technology – two seconds to resume from sleep
- In sleep mode for up to 14 days with files and data being automatically backed up
Asus Transformer Book V
Transformer Book V combines the power of a laptop with the mobility of both a tablet and smartphone, and provides the flexibility to run a wide range of apps. Together with the easy ability to switch between modes and share data between devices, Transformer Book V delivers an unparalleled user experience.
- 12.5-inch tablet/laptop hybrid with a detachable keyboard running Windows 8.1 on Intel Core
- 5-inch Android 4.4 (Kitkat) runs a 64-bit Intel Atom quad-core processor with LTE
- 4GB of RAM and a 28Wh battery
- Flash storage of up to 128GB
- 7 mm-thick hard drive of up to 1TB
- The ZenPhone smartphone – 140g, 11mm-thick package featuring a 2,500mAh battery plus 2GB of RAM, up to 64GB of storage and 8MP/2MP cameras
Asus Transformer Book T300 Chi
ASUS Transformer Book T300 Chi is a high-performance detachable notebook that comes with the world’s thinnest 12.5-inch tablet display, making it a perfect companion for mobile professionals who need to stay productive but also like to enjoy movies, music and games. Transformer Book T300 Chi features an innovative fanless 2-in-1 design powered by Intel’s next-generation, high-performance, low-power processor based on the Core micro-architecture. It is thinner than most ultraportable laptops on the market today, and the detachable tablet is also the thinnest Intel Core-powered tablet at just 7.3mm thick.
- 12.5-inch detachable tablet, the Transformer Book T300 Chi
- LTE support
- 2560 x 1440 WQHD IPS display, slim 7.3mm frame
Microsoft is all set to launch its next big update, Windows 10 version 1809 in October. While that should be a nice piece of news […]
The Windows 10 October 2018 Update (otherwise 18H2) rollout might now be two to three weeks away. For the last few months, new build previews […]