- Google Chrome is a great browser, but it has its share of errors.
- Many users reported Aw Snap, Something went wrong while trying to access a certain website.
- Are you having additional problems with Chrome? If so, check out our Chrome Hub.
- If you're sick of Chrome and looking for an alternative, find them all on our Browsers section.
12. Clear browsing data
- Press the Menu button in the top right corner and choose Settings from the menu.
- Click Show advanced settings, go to the Privacy section, and click Clear browsing data button.
- Make sure that Obliterate the following items from is set to the beginning of time.
- Check Cookies and other site and plugin data, Cached images and files and Hosted app data.
- Click Clear browsing data button.
- When browsing data is cleared, restart Chrome and check if the problem is resolved.
If you also want to clear auto-fill data in Chrome, follow the quick steps from this guide.
13. Disable hardware acceleration
- Click the Menu button in the top right corner and choose Settings.
- Go to the bottom of the page and click Show advanced settings.
- Scroll down to the System section and uncheck Use hardware acceleration when available option.
- Restart Chrome.
14. Disable plugins
- In Chrome, enter chrome://plugins/ in address bar and press Enter.
- List of installed plugins will appear. Click Disable button next to the plugin in order to disable it. Repeat this step for all installed plugins.
- Restart Chrome and check if the issue is resolved.
- If the problem doesn’t appear anymore, enable plugins one by one until you find the one that is causing this issue.
15. Disable Sandbox mode
- Make sure that Chrome isn’t running.
- Locate Google Chrome shortcut, right click it and choose Properties.
- Go to the Shortcut tab and add –no-sandbox or -no-sandbox in the Target field after the quotes. Do not change anything between the quotes, just add an empty space and -no-sandbox at the end.
- Click Apply and OK.
Aw, snap error in Google Chrome can prevent your from accessing your favorite websites, but you should be able to fix it by using one of our solutions.
If you have any other suggestions or questions, don’t hesitate to leave them in the comments section below and we’ll be sure to check them out.
FAQ: Learn more about Google Chrome
- How do I fix Google Chrome Aw snap?
To fix Aw snap error in Google Chrome, try clearing the cache or reinstall Chrome. To see how to reinstall Chrome, check out our Chrome installation guide.
- How do you reset Google Chrome?
To reset Google Chrome, open Chrome settings and go to Advanced. Now click the Reset button and follow the instructions on the screen to reset Chrome.
- What is Chrome cleanup tool?
Chrome Cleanup Tool is a Google application that will scan your PC and remove any unwanted programs that might be interfering with Google Chrome.
- What is the difference between Google and Google Chrome?
Google is a company that created the Google search engine. Google Chrome is a web browser created by Google.Editor's Note: This article was originally published in August 2016 and was revamped and updated in December 2020 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.