At Build 2017, Microsoft announced that the Azure app available for iOS and Android will also be a UWP application for Windows 10.
New Azure mobile app for Windows 10
The new Azure mobile application for iOS and Android will allow developers and admins to better manage their Azure cloud. You can already find the Azure app available for download in the Google Play Store and on the iOS App Store, but it seems that it will also reach Windows 10 as a UWP app in the near future.
This announcement was made on Twitter by Senior Microsoft developer Etienne Margraff. It is very reassuring to know this as it really shows that Microsoft fortunately still cares about UWP and its mobile platform.
Current features of the Azure
Both the iOS and Android versions of Azure are available and you can see the app’s features on both platforms by checking the app store description. All in all, the description says that Microsoft Azure helps you keep track of your resources while you’re on the go. With it, enjoy the following:
- Staying connected to the cloud and checking status and critical metrics anytime and anywhere
- Staying informed with notifications and alerts regarding essential health issues
- Staying in control of your resources and taking corrective actions such as starting and stopping VMs and web apps
There still isn’t a detailed timeline of the app’s future release for the Windows phones. But while you’re waiting, you can try out the Azure app for you other iOS and Android devices and see how it works.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- Microsoft unveils Azure Network Watcher, a network performance monitoring suite
- Azure Stack receives enhancements that greatly benefit its users
- Microsoft wants to ensure Azure is the best place for containerized work