B2X, a customer service provider for mobile and consumer electronics, became the official global partner for Microsoft’s Lumia phones in October of this year. Under the agreement, B2X will provide aftersales customer support and device repair services for the Lumia and feature phones. B2X has now officially rolled out a self-help app as promised to the Microsoft Store.
Unlike most other new apps built for the Windows ecosystem called UWP, the B2X smart app is a classic Windows Phone 8.1 program. The goal is to cater to the needs of majority of Windows Phone users (70%) who still use Windows Phone 8.1 handsets. In contrast, only 16% have switched to Windows 10 Mobile yet.
The app serves as a hub for monitoring the components of your Windows phone and keeping track of a device under repair. Specifically, you can use the app to perform several tasks:
- Diagnose your Lumia phone’s hardware and software
- Chat with a B2X support agent for immediate help
- Request a callback from a B2X support agent
- Find the nearest service point
- Get all Lumia device information at a glance
- Analyse your Lumia’s battery health status
- Check your Lumia’s warranty status
- Keep track of your repair status
The customer care support is global in scope. Under the agreement, B2X will provide customer service in more than 130 countries. Dieter Weisshaar, chief commercial officer of B2X, said in October:
“With more than 400 service partners and 2,000 service locations globally, our customer care ecosystem and our SMARTCARE Technology are the ideal platform to serve the needs of these customers. We will make sure that customer support, reverse logistics and device repair services work seamlessly together, resulting in an exceptional customer experience.”
B2X is also offering up its SmartProtect premium service to consumers who have purchased a Lumia smartphone within the last six months. SmartProtect extends the manufacturer’s warranty for a Lumia device by up to two years for specific cases such as:
- Breakage: If the screen of your Lumia is broken or another technical defect occurs because of a fall.
- Liquid damages: If your Lumia doesn’t work anymore or works partially due to contact with liquids.
- Handling errors: If your Lumia gets damaged by clumsiness, ignorance or due to misunderstandings.
- Fire damages: If your Lumia gets damaged or destroyed by a fire.
- Short circuit: If your Lumia gets damaged by a short circuit or because of power overload.
- Third party: If your Lumia gets damaged due to a third party.