Xbox One background music support now available for all users
If you want to listen to your favorite songs while playing the latest Xbox One games, you can now enable the new background music feature on Groove Music. Almost three weeks after Microsoft teased fans about this feature, users outside the Xbox Preview program can finally enjoy it.
If you haven’t installed the latest firmware on your console, go to the top right of the main dashboard screen and click on Games & Apps.
Then select the apps tab, click on Groove with the view key on your controller, and install the update. Check to see if you’re running Groove Music version 3.6.2395, and hit the play button.
This new universal app doesn’t have music videos yet, but Microsoft promises to bring them back as soon as possible. So far, the user feedback has been positive, as many praised the well-designed interface and overall app performance.
Other features brought by this update include:
- New focus on genres in Explore. You can now see curated playlists, new releases, best new songs, top albums, and top artists all by genre. This feature is available only in the US, UK, France, Canada, and Germany.
- Radio stations show up in Recent Plays in Your Groove.
- Artists included in a playlist are now highlighted when you click on a playlist in Explore.
- You can give feedback on playlists in Your Groove with a thumbs up or thumbs down. You can also mute specific songs in a Your Groove playlist if you don’t want to hear it anymore.
The fact that background music is available on the Xbox One makes many users happy, but there’s one question that remains unanswered: when will this feature be available on PCs and Windows phones?
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Xbox One wireless adapters to soon be integrated into PC motherboards
- Fix Xbox One controller issues in Anniversary Update
- Anniversary Update lets you install paid apps on up to 10 devices, Xbox One included
Have you ever received Are you sure you want to copy this file without its properties message from Windows when you were trying to move […]
The error You do not have the necessary privilege to create new virtual machines appears in the cases in which the user doesn’t have enough […]
Microsoft released their Q4 earnings for 2019 an it’s all good news. The giant registered amazing growth on all departments, increasing its share price by […]