Wacom, a Japanese company that specializes in graphics tablets, launched a new digital stylus for Windows Ink called Bamboo Ink. The new stylus allows you to take full advantage of Windows Ink on any Windows 10 device.
Compared to its predecessor, the Bamboo Smart stylus that launched last year, Bamboo Ink boasts a refined design that works smoothly with various pen-enabled devices with Wacom’s proprietary Active Electro-Static (AES) protocol that supports inking.
- Note and visualize. Capture thoughts and even complex ideas intuitively. Switch flexibly between handwriting, sketching and annotating.
- Capture instantly. Jot down anything that comes to your mind and whenever it comes to your mind – as instantly as with a pen on paper.
- Annotate freely. Add comments or sketches to whatever you work on: screenshots, photos, maps, graphs or documents.
Bamboo Ink also allows users to switch to the Microsoft Pen Protocol by pressing and holding the two side buttons of the digital stylus. This functionality was not allowed in Bamboo Smart before, which means you can use the pen with a wide variety of devices that support MPP now.
The digital stylus also lets you jot down notes with pre-installed Sticky Notes, sketchpad, screen sketch or other pen-optimized apps like Bamboo Note, which will be available soon. To do so, press the top button on the Bamboo Ink or click the top button to open the Windows Ink Workspace quickly. Bamboo Ink includes three different nib types – soft, medium and firm – to let you change the sketching experience on screen for a more personalized, authentic feel.
Wacom also boasts of Bamboo Ink’s ergonomic triangular design and a soft-touch surface for comfort:
Whether you take notes, sketch ideas or mark documents, thanks to Bamboo Ink’s ergonomic triangular profile and soft-touch surface you can work with a comfortable and balanced in-hand feel for hours of use.
You can purchase Bamboo Ink from Wacom for $80. Wacom will ship the product to other regions starting in August.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Microsoft updates Photos app with Windows Ink support
- Microsoft improves Windows 10 Ink in the latest Preview build
- Windows Ink in Windows 10 Preview receives many improvements
Still having issues? Fix them with this tool:
If the advices above haven't solved your issue, your PC may experience deeper Windows problems. We recommend downloading this PC Repair tool (rated Great on TrustPilot.com) to easily address them. After installation, simply click the Start Scan button and then press on Repair All.