The Fall Update for Battlefield 1 is now available for download on both the Xbox One and Windows PC. This patch brings a series of graphics and stability fixes and improvements, as well as a few interesting new features.
However, this update fails to fix one of the most annoying Battlefield 1 bugs that has been plaguing players ever since the game was launched. DirectX function errors often cause the game to crash and it appears they’re here to stay.
Battlefield 1 Xbox One fixes
- Fix for a crash to the Xbox Home screen after attempting to join a game session via the Xbox One Guide whilst the title is suspended on the main menu
- Fixed an issue where users could get stuck in an endless loading loop when attempting to return to the main menu from the Campaign screen following an Xbox profile sign-in change during suspended state
- Fix for distorted fonts
- Fixed audio issues where the Operations introduction music would start playing late on Xbox One
- Fixed crash that could occur when driving the tank
- Fixed an issue where a bad rep player is not taken into party and the gamercard disappears form Com Center after accepting a party invite
- Fix for bad reputation users being able to communicate with non-friend users when in the same squad in online modes.
Battlefield 1 Windows PC fixes
- Fixed an issue where you could not see all the party members
- Fixed an issue where you would get multiple dialogs when deleting a filter
- Players can now disable aim assist for controllers.
For more information about the full list of fixes, improvements and new features, check out this Battlefield forum post.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Battlefield 1 joystick support confirmed
- Battlefield 1 issues: low FPS rate, DirectX errors, game freezes and more
- The war between Battlefield 1 and Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare heats up