6. PowerArchiver 2016 Standard/ Professional
PowerArchiver is a professional compression utility, able to operate with all the compression formats currently available. Apart from its compression capabilities, this tool can also encrypt files, reduce their size by 90% and back them as well.
Other features include:
- It’s the first tool to offer jump lists, taskbar progress and taskbar icon overlays.
- UAC elevation support required when it detects the need for admin account in order to read or write in some folder.
- VSS support for database compression.
- Unlimited size of the archive, unlimited size of files inside archive and unlimited number of files inside archive.
7. Ashampoo ZIP FREE
Ashampoo ZIP FREE compresses and decompresses files fast and easily. It supports creating and extracting ZIP, 7-ZIP, CAB, TAR (TAR, TAR.GZ, TAR.BZ2, TAR.XZ) and LHA formats.
Other features include:
- Well-designed graphical interface, very intuitive and easy to use.
- Powerful AES encryption with 256 bit strength.
- Unlimited size of the archive, unlimited size of files inside archive and unlimited number of files inside archive when using ZIP and 7-ZIP formats.
- Integrated Preview that supports many different image, text and other file formats. Preview files without ever extracting them from archive.
- Repair ZIP Tool – Repair broken ZIP files.
You can download Ashampoo ZIP FREE for free from Ashampoo’s website.
This free compression utility creates archived files in various formats, and can open and extract them as well. Bandizip is lightweight, has a very fast Zip algorithm for compression and extraction with Fast Drag and Drop, High Speed Archiving, and Multi-core compression. However, it handles only the most popular compression formats.
Bandisoft regularly releases updates and bug fixes for this tool, and will probably add more compression formats to its tool in the future. If you want an ad free compression tool, with a very user-friendly interface, that costs you nothing, download Bandizip from Bandisoft’s website.
Zipware is a free compression tool that is very simple to use. This tool supports all major archiving formats including the new RAR5 format, and is fast and stable to handle both small and large archives.
Zipware offers full drag and drop support with Windows Explorer. The Windows Explorer context menu can scan any files using over 50 anti-virus products via VirusTotal.com, securing your folders. This compression tool also converts the supported archive formats to zip, 7z or exe.
You can download Zipware for free from Zipware’s official website.
As always, if you’ve already used one of the compression tools listed above, you can tell us more about your experience in the comment section below.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Compress images without losing quality with Reduce for Windows 10
- System Compression in Windows 10 Will Free up Space by Compressing Windows Binaries, Program Files
- Open, Extract RAR Files in Windows 8, Windows 10 With UnCompress
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in .August 2016 and has been since updated for freshness, and accuracy.