- If you need to connect to specific locations on your VPN, you may be a bit disappointed, especially if they're not offered by the service.
- For instance, connecting to a server in Philadelphia might be difficult, considering that most VPNs only allow region selection
- Check out our Traveling Section for more guides on using VPNs for specific countries.
- Visit our VPN How-To Hub to discover more VPN troubleshooting guides.
Connecting to specific locations on your VPN can be a real headache, especially if your service of choice doesn’t feature enough servers.
For instance, you may need to connect to a server in Philadelphia, but don’t know which VPNs offer Philadelphia servers.
Although oddly specific, that’s exactly why we’re here. We’ll help you identify the best VPNs with Philadelphia servers, regardless of the reason why you need to establish a connection to this region.
Why would you want Philadelphia VPN servers?
This request is not exactly common, and, as it turns out, it’s quite difficult locating a VPN with Philadelphia servers. Reportedly, this region does not excel when it comes to infrastructure, which drives potential server costs up.
This is probably why big names in the VPN industry decided to go with New York servers, which is in the immediate proximity of Philly. Servers are cheaper, the infrastructure is better, and everybody wins.
However, New York servers can’t do one thing, which is to allow you to view Philly local sports on streaming services.
YouTube TV, or Sling TV, for instance, fetch local TV content for you, so it makes sense that having a Philadelphia connection will let you view local Philly content.
Long story short, you can’t watch local live streams of the Philadelphia Eagles, 76ers, Flyers, or Phillies without a VPN connection that points to this region.
Which is good enough reason to wish for this specific region in VPN server networks.
What are the best VPN services with Philadelphia server?
- Purchase a premium Windscribe subscription plan
- Download and install the VPN on your PC
- Launch the Windscribe VPN client
- Log into your account
- Expand the US East section in the servers list
- Choose one of the Philadelphia servers
You’re all set, you should be able to view local Philly content now. Note that although Windscribe has a free version you can use, it doesn’t feature all the locations.
Thus, you’ll need to purchase a premium plan to unblock all locations, including Philadelphia.
WindscribeNeed a fast VPN with Philadelphia servers? Windscribe might be just what you're looking for.
Among other features you may find useful in Windscribe Pro, we remind of:
- Unlimited data usage (free version only allows up to 10 GBs per month)
- Configuration generator for IKEv2, OpenVPN, SOCKS5, and WireGuard protocols
- Customizable domain-, IP-, and ad-blocker tool (R.O.B.E.R.T.)
- 63 countries and 110 cities (free version only features 10 locations)
- Static IP addresses (need to be purchased separately)
- Team accounts (purchased separately)
2. Other VPNs that might work
Note that the services listed above won’t allow you to select specific locations. Instead, you can connect to regions, and the VPNs will randomly assign you to one of the servers they own in that specific area.
Some users reported that these VPNs assigned them to Philadelphia servers from time to time. However, the rate of success is unknown, and there’s no guarantee that a connection to a Philly server will be established in your case.
Final thoughts on VPNs with Philadelphia servers
All things considered, regardless of the reason why you need a VPN with Philadelphia servers, we can guarantee that Windscribe is what you’re looking for. We’ve tested this service and were able to connect to a Philadelphia server without hassle.
Furthermore, other services such as Private Internet Access, CyberGhost VPN, or ZenMate VPN might be able to connect to Philly servers.
However, the fact that they don’t allow direct connections to specific servers means that they’re not guaranteed to work every time.